Saturday, May 29, 2010

"Qs" and craziness!


Im at a very small USDAA trial. Its outside and very warm and humid. I had finished 3 runs by 11am. Wow, thats a small trial. Our first run was PI jumpers . Miley did great. No craziness there.

">

Our next run was snooker. Im sorry but Im not posting that video. I got the first two red jumps to a colored. Then I messed up and tried to correct it. To late. Miley then went on to circle my 8 times. Ugh! I just didnt know what to do. She had to take a red jump or we would just get whistled off the course. Some how I got her to take the red jump after circling me which felt like forever. So she took the next colored and then we started the close. It was #2 jump to #3 jump to the tunnel. I called tunnel after #2 but the #3 was off center so she missed it and went into the tunnel. I kept going. The judge asked me as I ran by, "Did she do the #3 jump?". I said no. She blew the whistle. To late, we finished the last obstacle. HaHaHaHaaaa!!

Next was Grand Prix. I should have taped it because I have a hard time remembering what happened. Im pretty sure we stayed on course. She jumped both her contacts and ran by the weaves. I made her come back and do them but she went in on the right on the first pole. I didnt fix that, we just kept going.

Last was Gamblers. It was hot any Miley was dragging. You should have seen her. Walking behind me like we were on a death march. No energy. My plan was to do the dogwalk several times to try and get her to stop on the contact. The weird thing was you couldnt do any obstacles back to back. The judge said so in the briefing and she was asked to clarify.Yep, no back to back obstacles or contacts. Look at the teeter to the dogwalk to the a-frame. Ugh. Im posting the course map so you can see how the contacts are set up.


">
You can see she is running like a bat out of hell. That just cracked me up. I just couldnt believe the difference in her. I dont know if she got her dogwalk contacts. I know she didnt get them twice. which is part of the problem of running her a-frame. She then applies it to the dogwalk. Last time I was running her a-frame, once I made it a stop, she started getting the dogwalk too. Not sure what to do about that.
I took her to the park late this afternoon and walked for about an hour. She is sleeping now. Hopefully that last all night. ( the picture at the top is from the park. Doesnt it look fake.)

13 comments:

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

Congratulations on the Q! It was a beautiful run.

The gamblers course looks pretty insane.

I agree, the picture above does look fake. It looks like one of those art things where it's half photograph and half painting.

Stephanie said...

aww miley looks happy shes like yay i have mom all to myself ;)

Sam said...

Wow, that even LOOKS like a tiny trial.

Congrats on your Q - the Jumpers run was awesome!

Sorry about the others - maybe the heat was getting to her. And that contact set up is just.. wrong!

Unknown said...

I love the picture. It is very beautiful, you should frame it up :)

Lol. The third course was funny, but congrats on your Q!

Sara said...

Love how the judge asked YOU if your dog did an obstacle....uh, isn't that her job? LOL. Too funny.

Hate snooker, can't imagine how much more I would hate it if I didn't have time to think while I was running (like if my dog ran as fast as Miley). I admire you for even trying.

Your jumpers run was gorgeous!

Chris and Ricky said...

Congratulations on the jumpers Q! That was a great run!

How could Miley be so fast in gamblers when a second before that she was dying from the heat? Wow - I would've flat out refused to move if it was that hot and humid!

I didn't think the photo looked fake - I just looked at it and thought "wow" - Miley is gorgeous and so photogenic!

Dawn said...

Wow she's fast! You get the workout don't you! LOL! I love the first picture, even though she is giving you that fake smile!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

wow, the trial looks like it was at a beautiful place...it looks tiny, I like those...That is too funny that Miley was dragging so badly to the last run and really must have flipped her switch ON when she got in the ring. Congrats on your Q, and it sure looks like you did not go get to frustrated so that is fantastic, that is funny the judge asking you if Miley got the third jump, that sure doesnt happen every day.

The jumpers run looked really pretty.

Marie said...

Where to start? The first picture is just gorgeous, you're right it almost does look fake. But I have to say that the grounds for the agility trial look gorgeous too.

As for that Jumpers run, it was really nice! As for Snookers, I find it such a challenge to get through that class unless things go just as you've planned, (how often does that ever happen? LOL)

Interesting about the running A-Frame affecting the dogwalk too. Do you have a word to cue the 2o/2o for the dogwalk?

Just out curiosity how tall is Miley? I know you mentioned that you think Miley and Dare look like they are built similarly...but I think Dare is taller for some reason.

Natasha said...

Miley was so enthusiastic in that Jumpers run, I wish Wall-e had her drive! Beautiful run!!

Diana said...

Marie, Miley is about 13 3/4 inches. Thanks, Diana

Marie said...

I thought she looked more petite. Dare is about 15".

Lian said...

WOW! Congratulations! Fab news! Well done! That's an awesome run!