Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lame

Lat night I worked Miley in the yard a little. We did a sequence from the clean run workbook. It was just 4 jumps and a tunnel. She ran well. I did hear her nails clicking some bars. That could have been my fault. We didnt do any other agility stuff. Then later I was sitting on the couch and she was lying next to me. I notice her front paw looked redder in between two of her toes and looked a little swollen to me. I had my husband look at it but he didnt think it was anything. Then this morning I got up and she was limping alot. Barely putting any weight on her right front leg. I looked at it and couldnt really find much wrong with it. Its wasnt red but might be a little swollen. She didnt pester me to take her for a walk at all. Highly unusual for her. It did seem to improve as the morning went on. I tried to make a vet appt. but they are full for today. Crap.

13 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

could she have a bug bite? Sort of sounds like what happened to Breeze the latest injury she had--we never did figure out what the deal was.
Geeze, these dogs and the injuries, hope this is something that clears up quickly, I am soooo sorry Diana, I really hope it clears up soon!!!

Sam said...

Hoping it's nothing. Keep us updated. Poor Miley!

LauraK said...

Oh no! That's never good! I hope you figure out what's going on with her and it's nothing serious. Get better soon Miley :)

Sarah said...

It almost sounds like she got stung by a bee? I hope it is nothing major!

Sara said...

I hope it is just a bug bite, and nothing serious. keep us posted.

Chris and Ricky said...

Try not to panic! (Yea, right, mom would be totally panicked). One of our friends Shelties has red between her toes and it is grass allergy and last year she had it bad enough to limp some - this year so far it's just red and she licks it a lot. Hopefully it is nothing serious with Miley!!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh no!!!
Our prayers to Miley's paw! Poor girl. Hope she gets better soon.

Natasha said...

That sounds a bit like Mika's hot spots that she gets between her toes in the spring or summer. Last year it hurt her to walk on grass for a week. I hope that Miley's paw is nothing serious and that it'll pass quickly!

Lian said...

Oh No! Poor Miley! If she is stung by bee, before you can get a vet appt, try to find a cooper coin then press on the spot for 5 min. I tried that with Sizzle when he got stung and it helped to reduce the swelling.

Hope there is nothing major!

Marie said...

Ack! I hope it's nothing serious, and that it resolves itself quickly. Always scary to have them come up lame for any reason though. :-(

Dawn said...

Well double crap! I hope by now (it's late afternoon) that it's all better, as magically better as it was mystically wrong this morning. And that you don't need a vet appointment tomorrow!

Morganne said...

That exact thing happened to Sage last year. Came in from training one afternoon and then an hour later, she was lame in the front. The next morning her foot was slightly swollen and she was VERY lame. Took her to the vet and they couldn't find a stinger or bite. Gave her some benadryl and a couple of days later she was fine.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

How is Miley doing now?