Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tire Crash


First, I have no video from yesterday or today. I just decided to let it go this weekend. Once again, Miley didnt let me sleep much last night. Im not sure what the deal was. She didnt bark as much as last night but still barked. Then at 3am she just kept trying to wake me up. I finally got up at 4:30am and walked her. I guess she had to go to the bathroom. But once Im up, I cant go back to sleep. So we were up for the day. She just was acting weird. We walked on the beach and she didnt seem to want to walk. She would stop and stand there. I would get about 30-50 feet in front of her and then she would come trotting up. I kept waffling about going to the trial. What is wrong with her? Is she sick? Plus I had a headache, probably from lack of sleep. I thought I would go to the trial and see how she acted. Well once there she was ready to go. Nothing wrong with her now. LoL
First up is Open standard. She took off and got caught in the tire. I couldnt really see what happened but she got right up and seemed ok, so I kept going. I front crossed after #4 and then hung back as she came out of the tunnel sending her to the weaves ( good thing I practiced that this week). When she got into the weaves I rear crossed. I felt like I needed to be on that side to keep her out of the wrong tunnel entrance. It worked like a charm. I heard someone say, "wow, that worked nice". She ran over the dogwalk and I told the judge we werent doing the table. Right when I should have been telling my dog "touch". And she jumped the contact. Ugh! What was I thinking. I guess I was a little to relaxed huh? I front crossed her coming out of the chute to keep her off the table. The rest went great. She also had great teeters this weekend. She got called on a few last weekend. Over all it felt like a good run. No craziness and again, no circling. I went over and talked to the people next to the ring with the timers and scribes and stuff. They were still trying to fix the tire. I asked if anyone saw what happened. This guy said she took off way early and then landed on the tire. The tire fell to the ground and the top of the tire leaned forward. I think the pin at the top, that you adjust for different tire heights, wasnt in all the way. I remember looking at it when I was at the line. Im not sure why but I did. So at least she didnt get flung around onto her back or the whole thing didnt come down on her. That was very lucky.
Now for jumpers. Was she going to do the tire or be freaked out about it.

I had a slight lead out from #1 and sent her to the weaves. I hung back to make sure she got in. And she was flying through the weaves. I had to really run to try and catch up. I think I had to much forward momentum and she shot out of the weaves and took the #8 tire. I had my off arm up and called her but to late. I should have slowed and moved laterally. Ta Da da da daaa, she came right back to me and was to wide to get #3 but got back on track into #4. WhooHoo no circling!!! The rest of the course we were awesome. Man I wish I had taped it. I rear crossed before #9 and #10. I was kinda behind so there was some distance but it worked beautifully. My dog rocked! I front crossed after #16. I feel we are getting so close to really being successful. A few people came up to me and said it was a beautiful run. I really hope it wasnt the heat suppressing her craziness. No creeping start line and no circling all weekend!! Im so happy. And I guess she was ok with the tire since she took it twice.
Here was the Exc. Fast course. When I saw the send bonus I decided to forget it. If the dogwalk had been on course I would have stayed but it wasnt, so I didnt. I was done by 11:30am. I also had a severe headache. Im so glad to be home now and I finally have my headache under control.

10 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Sounds like a super awesome weekend minus the tire and the headache. Good job, you must be so happy, sounds like things are really coming along very nicely.

Nicki said...

Congrats, sounds like a successful weekend!

Sara said...

What a successful weekend! That is just awesome. A whole weekend without circling? That is HUGE.

Congratulations!

Chris and Ricky said...

Sounds like you and Miley did really well this weekend staying connected and no circling, etc! Congratulations! I'm glad she didn't get hurt with the tire crash and I'm sorry about your headache! Hope you feel much better today and got lots of sleep last night!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the good trial

Sam said...

Two days with a successful, non-circling Miley. Something is starting to click! Good for you.

Morganne said...

Congratulations on a great day! Tire crashes are always scary!

Unknown said...

So glad you had a good time there! Congrats. You and Miley seem to be improving all the time!

Dawn said...

Congratulations! The two of you are some kind of wonderful!

Lian said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you have a great weekend and luckily Miley didn't worry about the Tire crash.