Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weird

You know what I noticed. The more I have restricted Miley's activity the worse she is getting. Ill be glad to get her into the underwater treadmill on Wednesday. I'm feeling sad today. I guess its because everything I had planned this week isn't happening. I was really looking forward to going to camp. I love agility camps. You probably think I'm weird but I think they are great. And so much fun. I was also looking forward to not going to work. Seeing 60 sick kids a day isn't fun. Most of them aren't really sick but some are. I was also looking forward to warm sunny Florida weather. Now none of that is happening. I called the lady who was going to work for me this week and told her I had a change of plans. She is still going to work for me on Wed and Thur but she cant Friday. So now I will have to see if I can find someone else. The other thing that is bothering me is what if Miley doesn't get better. I feel like Ive made her love something and now I'm taking it away. It makes me feel bad that Ive done that. I know she is wondering what the heck is happening. She doesn't have to be crate rested per the vet. She can go on short leash walks too. So at least it isn't crate rest. Very hard to do, unless maybe your dog is really old and doesn't care.

5 comments:

Sara said...

I don't think you're weird for wanting to go to agility camp.

Hopefully, having a couple days off from work will make you feel a bit better, even if you aren't in Florida, just having a break can really help relieve some stress.

Anonymous said...

What a nightmare!!! Hope things will come right for all of you soon. You're right - at least it isn't crate rest, but still, how do you tell an active dog she's not to overdo it???

Dawn said...

I can understand why you feel sad. You were looking forward to a fun time with your dog and now you're doing not so fun things with your (probably equally sad) dog. Plus not knowing if she will get better weighs heavy. Keep your chin up, but it's OK to be sad too! You have a right to be sad! I hope you and Miley get in a lot of walks! Remember the walks in the woods? Can she do those? It might be pretty there this time of year!

Chris and Ricky said...

Mom would be sad too - it's so hard to have a dog that is hurt and not know if it's going to turn out ok or not. Keep thinking positive - this could turn out to be a relatively minor thing and you will be back to training in no time. And don't beat yourself up - you didn't do anything wrong in getting Miley to love agility!

Sorry also about the camp - there will be more camps though. And next time you and Miley can go!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

oh no! Sorry to hear you can't go to camp. Poor Miley, hopefully she will be doing better soon.