Sunday, February 15, 2009

O boy!

I haven't been working Miley very much because of her foot. So today I decided to do some stuff on the flat. She broke her start line stay repeatedly. Hmmmmm. Wonder what that is all about. More work. I also worked on rear crosses on the flat. She was just to excited outside and kept being wild. So I took a jump inside the house and worked her there. Ive been watching videos of people who I think run their dogs well. I'm trying to see what kind of cues they give their dog for a rear cross. I wish I could slow them down to really see what they are doing. I'm still working on what Meagan showed me. Dog is on your left. With your left hand your kinda run your dog across your feet in front of you and then with your right hand, flip them over the jump. It looks better and easier than it sounds. It still feels very awkward. I'm use to just using my left hand and doing a flip over the jump.
Today I finally painted the vaulted wall in the den. Its had spackling on it for about 2 years. We had a leak in the roof and had it repaired. A friend came over and spackled the wall over the fireplace and then I asked if they would do the other wall too. It has this weird corner to it that had peeled up. So he did. Like I said that was 2 years ago.Now it finally looks finished and nicely painted. The only thing with painting is then you start seeing all the other walls that need painting too. One thing leads to another and then another. Luckily I had to take Guiness to his freestyle class, so I had to stop painting. I had to laugh. My daughter asked me if we were moving. I guess she figured why else would would we be finishing the wall.
Guiness's class was nice. We reviewed things we have done in the past and added a few more tricks. I'm still working on getting him to just respond to the verbal without any hand cue. Its slow going. He will back up , sit, lie down, sit up and weave around my legs just on a verbal but that is about it. There are many more he needs to learn. We have one more session of classes and then they stop until next fall. The next session I can only attend 3 of the 6 classes because of agility stuff. The teacher is very nice and said I only had to pay for the 3 classes that I'm coming to. I don't know if I said this already but in freestyle you can video tape your dance and then you send it in to the judges to be reviewed. Isn't that great. So if you live where there aren't any shows you can still participate.

3 comments:

Jules said...

That is very cool - re freestyle. It sounds like it's a great training experience.

Sara said...

Good for you for getting some painting done. My husband asked me two weeks ago just to "find the paint cans", so he can touch up a few spots in a couple rooms. I still haven't gone to look for them. My house used to be really neat and clean until I started doing agility. Now, nothing gets done :)

Chris and Ricky said...

Miley must be more super charged than usual since she hasn't been able to do much!

Hard to believe you can videotape your freestyle dance and send it in - that would be great for agility - on your home turf with the equipment the dog knows and no waiting around for your turn to run! Just make the video and you're done!