Thursday, February 19, 2009

Things arent much better

Roxy seemed better yesterday. No problems what so ever. The vet wanted me to use a different antibiotic. I had to go pick it up at a compounding pharmacy. Roxy is so little that they didn't have the medicine for her weight so it had to be made. I started it last night. Then this afternoon when I came home from work, she had vomited twice. All her breakfast. The other problem has been her peeing all over the house. So when I took her in, I asked that a urine sample be taken to see if she has a UTI. But they said they couldn't get one. So that is the other reason she needed the antibiotic. Just in case she does have a bladder infection. So of course she had made more pee spots in new places today. Even when I'm home and the back door is open.
Then there is Miley. Even though she hasn't been doing anything except walks her legs seems worse. Yesterday I saw her do this little skip thing 3 times. And her gait seemed off. Kinda rolling her back hips if that makes any sense. Then today she went to sit up for a treat and couldn't do it. So , me being me, Im thinking maybe she has hip dysplasia. I made an appt . at the rehab vet for Saturday morning. I hope I'm wrong and Im just being a worry wart. If she is broken, I'm done. I cant get anymore dogs. Its just to hard.
O,yea and to top it off. There is a peeping tom in the neighborhood.

7 comments:

Sara said...

Oh Diana, you have had a rough few weeks with your dogs.

I'm sending healthy wishes your way for your whole family! I'm sure it has been stressful for everyone.

Brittany said...

UGH! It sounds like you are having a rough time!! Hopefully things look up soon, and that Miley doesn't have displasia. My fingers are crossed for her!

manymuddypaws said...

wow! sounds like you are having an awful few days!!!

i hope that roxy is feeling better soon!

and poor Miley- with Sam when he was first injured and they thought it was soft tissue injury they told me crate rest him...might be something they'll tell you next...it's not much fun, but hopefully it will give her a chance to heal!

Dawn said...

Oh Diana, I hope Miley doesn't have anything serious. I know this must be really hard for you (not to mention for her!) so hopefuly the results will be better than you fear.

Chris and Ricky said...

Yes, we too are hoping that it is nothing serious with Roxy or Miley....we'll be thinking about you and keeping our fingers/paws crossed!

Jules said...

Diana, If Miley's pelvis is out of alignment you could be seeing signs of that. Not to harp on it (chiropractic care), but for example Bug just lost his pelvis with a teeter fly-off. He had an adjustment and it is now in alignment but he is still sitting crooked as a result of the fly-off. He has a second appointment this weekend that will hopefully deal with it.

Their bodies are like ours - if something is out of alignemtn they start to physically compensate for it by utilizing other muscles which can then make something else pop up.

I hope the rhab vet has some insight. Paws crossed for Miley and Roxy.

Lian said...

Poor Diana, you must be very stress with all the problems with Roxy and Miley. I hope there is nothing serious with them. Thinking of you.