Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Now Roxy

Well now Roxy's sick. Bloody diarrhea and vomiting. I have to at work by 7am and the vet doesn't open until 8am. Luckily a neighbor said she would drop Roxy off for me. They didn't do much. Gave me antibiotics and dog food. Shes been home for about 30 minutes and she has been straining the whole time. Just a little bit of blood comes out. She vomited a large amt at the vet. I look like this stupid bone I gave her Sunday night. It was made by pedigree and said it was natural with vegetables and beef. I think that's what made her sick. That was Sunday night and just this afternoon she vomited pieces of it up. They are little tiny piece of carrots. I don't feed her carrots so I know its the bone. Why did I give her that. I never feed my dog pedigree stuff. What possessed me to buy that stupid thing. I could kick myself. Now Roxy is miserable. She is hiding under the bed, wont eat or drink. She loves food so this is worrisome. She wont come to me. So either she feels that bad or she is mad at me. I think its the first one. O,yea and they shaved her butt. Ok, I can see shaving a sheltie's butt, but a chihuahua.

Hopefully she will feel well soon and be back to getting in the ferret cage. She is trying to figure out how to get food. Don't worry, I didnt put her in there. She does it all on her own.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Boy, you've had a rough time with sick dogs lately. I hope she'll be feeling better soon.

Vets do seem to like those clippers! Maybe some of them secretly wanted to be barbers?

OBay Shelties said...

I do the same thing occasionally. I think "Oh they would like this bone" and BINGO they are sick the next day and I am kicking myself. So don't feel bad; we all do it!