Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Miley's first day of rehab

Today was Miley's first day in the underwater treadmill. She had two sessions today. They were about 4 hours apart. I think she did 12 minutes the first time . With a break every few minutes. Then the second time it was about 15 minutes with one break in the middle. I asked the view the second time. I think I was to distracting. She kept trying to jump on the glass or would stop and just ride the treadmill to the back. So probably the rest of the week, until Saturday, I wont watch. She didn't show any signs off loading weight in the treadmill, so that was good. A lot of times when the dog's leg is hurt and they are in the underwater treadmill you can see them off load their weight. Sometimes to the point that their leg will float up. Miley didn't show any signs of that , so that is great.

It was a long day for me too. I'm exhausted. I know, really what did I do that was so hard. I don't know but it almost killed me. Really , I think it was all the driving. I did go to the outlet mall and they had lots of great stuff that I cant find in Columbia. I could have spent a lot of money. I kept having to remind myself about the money I'm spending on Rehab. I did buy a book to read. My husband needed some jeans and I bought a light jacket for Stephanie. O'yea, I also bought and ate a Carmel apple with nuts on it. Not as good as the ones I get with my sister in Florida, but it was still good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a long day, I imagine that is exhausting with all that you have been through. Miley looks like she handled the treadmill like a real trooper. How often does she have to go?

Dawn said...

Poor Miley! She looks so CONFUSED! Like "why am I in this water? And why am I walking and why is Mom out there? And what's going ON!!?" I hope this works and she's her old self soon! Thanks for sharing the video, I just couldn't figure out how they were going to put the treadmill underwater, and how Miley was going to BREATH under water! LOL!

Sara said...

Wow, that is an amazing set up they have for the dogs. I really hope it helps Miley.

I'm sure it was a tiring day for you. It is stressful putting your dog in a weird situation. You worry about how they are feeling. That can be exhausting.

Chris and Ricky said...

We hope the underwater treadmill does the trick for Miley - good news that she is putting weight on her leg and seems to be walking well in the water!

It's very tiring to drive and then wait around all day while worrying about your dog..... take care of yourself!

Jules said...

Miley doesn't seem distressed by the under water treadmill at all - that's great. Hopefully this will do the trick!

Diana said...

Kathy, This week she goes Wed, Thur, Fri and Sat. Diana

Lian said...

Miley looked a little confused in the underwater threadmill. Hopefully with more sessions, it will overcome her "injury". Poor girlie.