Friday, February 13, 2009

Not much of anything

Its been a boring week. Ive been really tired and I'm not sure why. There have been lots of sick kids at school. The flu is here! I think yesterday, in about a 4 hour block of time, I saw 50 kids. I hope I'm not coming down with what any of them have. Ugh!! This weekend I was suppose to go to Savannah for a trial but as you know that isn't happening. It would have been a nice trial too. Only about 200 dogs a day. I would have been the first fast group to run and then the next open group to run. No waiting 6 hours for a run. Well, now I don't have to wait at all. Miley seems about the same. No real change. I have been giving her Traumeel twice a day. Its a homeopathic drug that has different things in it. One thing that helps bones heal , something for pain and a bunch of other stuff.
I finally put some pictures in some frames. Guieness's picture is about 3 years old and it finally got put out. What happened is ,while I was sleeping my daughter took a bunch of my pictures down. She took the pictures that were in the frames out and put her own pictures in. ( Aren't kids wonderful) They were pictures of when the kids were little. She put her own NYC pictures in the frame and hung them up in her bathroom. Man was I mad!! So I bought a box of new frames from Kohl's. And finally got some of the dog pictures up. It turned out cute. I also put a picture of Stephanie that had been sitting out for a couple of years into a frame. So that's the picture above. Hopefully you cant see all the dust and the dog hair. LOL.
Christmas came early here. We had a new air conditioner installed today. The upstairs unit hadn't been working right since summer. It couldn't cool upstairs. This summer the repair people came out and gave us an estimate of 7000.oo to replace the unit. We decided we would wait. Then they came this winter to do the winter service. Again they said the upstairs unit needed to be replaced. This time they quoted 5000.00. I told my husband we better get that changed before summer because they really jack up the price in the summer. (It was the same company) Well its been very warm this week, in the 70's. Yesterday it was very warm upstairs, above 80. My husband called and guess what. They could come today and install the new unit. They must not be to busy. So there you have it, our Christmas present for the year. Well, really Christmas for about 5 years. O well, what can you do.

5 comments:

onecollie said...

oh how nice!!....we had snow overnight& -20!, more snow in the forecast too......I was born in the wrong place!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Well at least you will be very happy to have that AC in the summer and not have to wait weeks because everyone else is needing one too, although to write the check for something you dont get to use until then, that had to hurt!
That is too funny about the pictures being replaced, sounds like something my daughter would do, LOL. I almost fell off my chair reading about that!

Sara said...

You sound a bit bummed. I would be too, if my dog was hurt and I couldn't be doing all the fun things I had planned.

AC is worth every penny on a hot day! Glad you got a "deal".

Dawn said...

Hey Diana, sorry you couldn't do the trial, it would have been really fun. But hopefully Miley will start feeling better. It's worth it to wait till she's all healed! Very cute pictures! Enjoy your heat. My feet are wet and freezing after taking Katie out to do her job in our newly landed 4 or 5 inches of snow. It's pretty though. I guess.

Chris and Ricky said...

Yes, we're sorry you couldn't go to the trial - hopefully just a few weeks of rest is all Miley will need.

It's hard to imagine needing a/c right now! Glad you got a winter price on the new unit even though it's still 5 years worth of Christmas presents! There's always something when you own a house!