Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Poor Miley


Miley has been having stomach problems since Sunday evening. She was having loose stools only about twice a day. But then last night she a loose stool with a bloody mucusy clot in it. Yuk! Then she vomited her dinner all over the floor . Then had another loose stool before bed. Ok, she must be sick. But then she slept all night with no vomiting or diarrhea. Maybe she's not. But at 5am she had bloody diarrhea again. I had to be a work early , so I had my kids drop her off at the vet to be checked. I was hoping my kids didn't fight in the waiting room. They each think the know better. I had written a note stating I agree for treatment and will pay all cost. But that wasn't good enough. They made my son, who is 18, sign for treatment.
So I picked Miley up this evening. They said she was fine all day. No vomiting and no diarrhea. They did say they had to clean her up a bit, she had blood on her back end. Hmmmm. Her CBC was normal. She ate, she drank and was merry. ( as merry as Miley can be with strangers) So they gave me antibiotics and said she might have some colitis. Feed her chicken and rice. They forgot to check her leg. So I had them check it. They didn't feel anything wrong. At least no luxating patellas.
Home again.

7 comments:

Sara said...

Oh, poor Miley. More mystery illnesses. Blood is always a bit scary to find.

I hope she is feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

What an awful day for both of you! Both Josh and Jessie had a similar episode not too long ago. They never found out what was actually wrong with them but the colitis treatment worked and they are both fine now. Hope you'll have a much better day tomorrow.

Dawn said...

Aww, Miley girl! Hope you are feeling all better, tummy AND foot soon!

Chris and Ricky said...

I can't believe Miley and I were sick at the same time!! Mom kept checking my vomit for blood but didn't see any - but it's so scary that there was blood with Miley.

Glad to know she felt pretty good all day and hopefully there's nothing wrong. And wonder what's going on with her leg though?

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Boy, poor Miley is just having a rough time of it lately, glad she did ok during the day, hope you have a quiet night. We will be thinking of her.

Lian said...

With a bloody stool, that sounds very much like Colitis as my Saturn went through the hell of it! I don't know chicken & rice are good for her as some colitis dogs may have sensitive over chicken & rice, poor Saturn is one of them.

If your vet confirm that Miley has colitis, you need to treat the other three with some antibiotic too! As Colitis is contagious.

Poor Miley.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

So how is Miley today? Hope she is doing well!