Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Veasel Watching

What is Miley doing? Trying to get the ferrets. The ferrets , we call veasels. If you ask Miley is she wants to go see the Veasels, she goes crazy. So this what we do in the evening now. Ferret watching. Its mostly waiting and hoping the ferrets will come out to play. Its a pretty calm activity , which means its easy on the legs. Plus it entertains Miley. She will sit by couch and wait for long periods of time hoping to see a ferret. Usually not. So last night she resorted to laying on her side and going under the couch to try to get them. They must have moved up inside the couch because she couldn't get them. Silly dog. That toy you see in the picture, the ferrets keep trying to pull under the couch. Every time I pull it out, they come out from under the couch, grab it by the neck and try to pull it back under. There are lots of things under the couch. If you are missing some thing. Check under the couch. Ferrets are big kleptomaniacs. They have taken remotes, shoes, cell phones, hair brushes, toys and cups are just a few items found under the couch.
Tomorrow we go for the underwater treadmill stuff. I have to leave her there for about 5 hours so she can get 2 sessions in. It will be up in Charlotte and I will have to find something to do. There is a big outlet mall up there so I figured I go there for a while. Hopefully I wont be to bored. Miley's leg has been getting better. Monday on both walks I didn't see anything. Today, a couple of times I thought I saw something. But it was gone to quick for me to figure out what it was. Maybe it was me obsessing over her gait and seeing things. What ever it was , it wasn't obvious.
I fell like I live in an infirmary. Mickey gets phenobarbital twice a day. Miley get Rimadyl twice a day plus I have added some supplements to her food. ( SynoviG3 and Trisxyn) Then Roxy gets one antibiotic once a day for her bladder. Then a different antibiotic for her bowel which is twice a day.

6 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Well, good luck to you and Miley tomorrow! We will look forward to hearing how the underwater treadmill goes and we hope it really helps Miley.

What is that saying - don't borrow trouble? Well, try not to see things with Miley that aren't there. Easy for me to say, I know.

Did we know that you have ferrets? We must not have remembered. How interesting. I think they would be fun to chase and watch.

Nicki said...

Zodiac used to watch our rabbits for hours when he was younger, he's not as interested now, guess he figured they never do anything exciting

Dawn said...

When I was a kid the neighbor's dog (a collie named Robbie) would sit outside our guinea pig's cage for hours while the guinea pig was out eating grass. I guess they talked to each other a lot. The guinea pig never seemed to mind the company.

Hope the therapy tomorrow goes well! Would be fun to watch, that's for sure,I can't quite figure out an underwater treadmill!

Sara said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that the therapy goes well for Miley. Glad she's found something to keep herself occuppied in the meantime!

Lian said...

Hope Miley's underwater treadmill goes well, 5 hours sounds like ages! Hope they are not tiring her out!!

I am not sure what my dogs will do when they see the ferret!!

Anonymous said...

Glad Miley is finding things to do, she really does look so cute looking for the ferrets, and I can not wait to hear how the underwater treadmill goes. Hope you can get a picture!