Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Trash

Its pouring down rain today. It poured all day Monday. It was nice Tuesday and I was able to work on weave pole entries. I also took the dogs for a 3 mile hike. But now its back to rain. Its suppose to rain all week. Hopefully it stops by the weekend. This weekend I'm going to a trial that is near the beach. I went to a B-match there in the Spring. It was a nice area. My only complaint was the rings were in the grass, and the ground was rock hard and uneven. I wish they could put the ring in the horse arena, with the dirt. Since it raining all week, maybe the ground wont be so hard. The best part is, the timeline shows I will be done with all 3 runs by 1pm. WhooHoo. Hopefully Miley can keep it together and I can handle things correctly. One thing I notice is I'm not driving to the correct tunnel entrance. I send her and make her choose. I didn't think I was doing that until I watch other people run their dog successfully. That's when I noticed what I was doing and what they were doing. So my goals are to drive to the correct tunnel entrance and the weave poles. Think about where my shoulders are facing and to try and not let her know she is wrong. When I walk the course, I will try to take notice of the off courses that she could take and have a secondary plan to handle the off courses.

I went to have my mammogram today. So I brought in a book that Ive had in my car. Three times now I have tried reading it. I just couldn't get pass some things. But today I thought I would try again. The book is "Dogged Pursuit". I'm sure you have heard of this book. Its about a guy who wants to get another agility dog and be competitive in agility. His first dog is now old. My first problem with this book is he gets a sheltie from rescue that is basically terrified of his own shadow. Why would you pick that sheltie to do competitive agility. If you were doing it to give the dog confidence I could see. But pick a different rescued sheltie. There had to be a better one for what he wanted to do. I hope you are not taking offense to what I'm saying. I just think there could have been a better fit. Plus how many times does the dog have to vomit and poop in his BMW before he puts the the dog in a crate? But the final straw was him talking about a lady and what she does to calm her dog down. If this lady really does this, then she needs a shrink and a man. I'm not sure I can even tell you what she does to her dog before she runs him to help calm him down. Lets just say if he had hands he would probably do it himself. Ugh! How repulsive. Just as I got to that part in the book, they called my name. When I left, I tossed the book in the trash. I'm sorry, I would rather be happy in my ignorance about what people do with their dogs.


Just so you are not left with that disgusting thought, here is a picture of Roxy from this weekend. If you are on my facebook, you've already seen it. At the trial, I got this big cookie with my lunch but didn't eat it. I had put it on the counter. I had planned on moving it but forgot. Roxy runs by me carrying this cookie that was huge, compared to her size. She took off, under the bed, all the way to the back so I couldn't get her. I was freaking out. If she eats that chocolate chip cookie she might die. I was finally able to get it. Afterwards it was funny to think about her running by,head held high, trying to go fast without tripping on the cookie. ( the picture doesnt really show how big the cookie was. It was bigger than her head)

6 comments:

Sara said...

Poor Roxy, she thought she was getting the cookie of a life time!

I can totally picture her running with it in her mouth.

Like the time you described Guiness with the pizza. LOL.

Chris and Ricky said...

Very funny story about Roxy and the cookie! I'm glad you got it away from her though! Too bad you didn't get video!

Mom read Dogged Pursuit - when she started it she was laughing so hard - she thought it was going to be the funniest book she ever read! Then it did get weird and that part you wrote about was totally disgusting. But she finished the book any way.

Good luck this weekend! Sounds like you have some good goals - have fun!

Dawn said...

Good luck this weekend, sounds like you have a plan!

I can see why you didn't like the book. As a librarian I have the authority to tell you it's OK not to finish a book you don't like! LOL!

And Roxy? Such a cutie! I can totally picture her running by with her prize cookie! She must have been very disappointed, in fact you can see that disappointment in her eyes in the picture! Especially with you eating it in front of her! LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Diana - I have to say I pretty much agree with your review of the book. That part was disgusting. What I want to know, though, is how little tiny Roxy got up to the counter to steal that cookie? Good thing you caught her before she ate it all.

Diane

Diana said...

Sara, I forgot about the Guiness story. Lol, it was just like that. I must have some out of control dogs.

Diane, Roxy isnt scared of anything. She takes a fly jump off the back of the couch to get on the counter. Ive tried every thing to keep her off. She has even slipped off the other side and landed on the ground. Ouch! Still doesnt stop her. I have foam pads on the ground now in case she slips off again. I wish I could move the couch, but its the only place in the room the couch can fit.
Diana

Nicki said...

What a wierd book. I don't think there's enough chocolate chips in a cookie to kill any dog.