Thursday, October 8, 2009

B-match

This weekend I'm going to an agility trial. Today they had a B-match at the trial site but not in the same ring as the trial. So we could use food rewards. WhooHoo! I had signed up for 2 runs. All day I kept thinking I couldn't go because I just didn't feel good. I couldn't imagine how I was going to drive an hour and a half to the site after work. But I really, really wanted to work on Miley's table. So I went. My very nice husband brought Miley to my work so I didn't have to drive home and get her. Plus he brought me an ice cream. Hey, life doesn't get much better than that. So off we went. We got there around 5pm, I think the match started around 3:30. So we missed the first run thurs. We signed up for the second one. Here was the course, taken out of Clean Run.


This was the hardest course I have ever walked. How was I going to get my dog from # 3 teeter to #4 table without going off course? It doesn't look that bad on paper , but when walking it, all the off course obstacles were staring you in the face. Then trying to get from #12 tunnel to #13 weaves, good lord. What the heck? We didn't have much time for the walk thur and by the time I thought maybe I should run the novice or excellent course instead, to late the whistle blew to leave the course. When it was our turn I really wanted to treat it like a trial. It felt like a trial except not as many dogs. I did have a 2 hour wait from the time I arrived until we ran, so that's like a real trial. Finally it was our turn. What dog would show up at the start line. Ill tell you which one, the creeping forward and wanting to break her stay. But she didn't. Off we went. And what happened after the teeter? My dog shot out, like a bat out of hell, over jump #10 and into the tunnel. I'm sure my shoulders told her that, because she was so sure that was the way to go. After the tunnel, I said table. Drum roll please.........and she got on the table and stayed on the table. WhooHoo!! Boy was she shocked when she got a treat. The look on her face was priceless. Then off we went thur the course. Beautiful dogwalk, correct tunnel entrance and a-frame. Then the tunnel. I really didn't know how to handle into the weaves. I think I was to the left of the weaves toward the tunnel exit but some how I blew it and she missed the entrance. I had to bring her around and she got in. We had a nice finish. Great run, no circling and she got on the table. What a blessing.

Now to wait for our next run. But now its after 7pm and they are running tall to small. So we are last. I didn't know what to do. If I waited until my next turn I wasn't going to get home until 10 or 11pm. So after a little thinking, I went up and asked if we could run at the bottom of the 8 inch dogs that were running now and just do 8 inch jumps. They said ok. The girl who was waiting next was going to jump 4 inches but she was very nice and let me get in front of her. I told her I would be quick. She said not to worry. "Ive seen your dog run. She is fast. You'll be done in a few seconds".

So here we go again, but I was going to run the course a little differently. I was going to go teeter to the chute and then on the course. Then after the a-frame straight into the weaves and skip the tunnel. It worked great, except Miley self released on the dogwalk, into the tunnel. Again, boy was she surprised when I picked her up and put her back on the dogwalk. So I then released her into the correct tunnel entrance. She came zooming out the other side and straight up the dogwalk. Oops! I stood by the table. Told her touch as she reached the far side and then released her and she came straight to the table. Whoohoo!! Finished the course and she did the weaves perfect. Whoohoo.

I hope it goes this well this weekend.

O'yea snake #4 -terminated.

7 comments:

Lian said...

I like the course, especially from the tunnel to the weave entry. I'd like to try that. I've noticed you have a lot of tunnels under the contacts.

Well done for getting rid of the snake #4! Hoepfully there is the end of it!

Good Luck at your trial this weekend.

Sara said...

Sounds like Miley had some stuff clicking in her brain! That's just great!

Good luck this weekend.

Chris and Ricky said...

I agree that would be a difficult course esp. after the teeter and into the weaves like you said! But seems like it was a really worthwhile experience for Miley - so glad to hear she did the table!!! I bet this was a perfect warm-up for this weekend! Good luck!!!!

Jules said...

Yay Diana and Miley! I am so glad you had such a positive experience - especially after you were debating whether or not to go.

Good luck this weekend!

Dawn P said...

Wow, sounds great! Good luck this weekend.

Dawn said...

Katie and I are wishing you great things this weekend!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

How lucky is that to have a match in the same place as the trial, I LOVE that. That looks like a challenging course for sure. That sounds so awesome of the friend to bring Miley and an ice cream, ummm, how could you beat that?