Saturday, October 24, 2009

Bugs and Ears

Photobucket">

Look at this praying mantis. Weird huh? Ive only seen them in green. Do you know what this bug was doing? Weave poles. Lol

Photobucket">

I tried grooming the dogs ears. When my husband notices they need to be clipped it must be really bad. They turned out ok. I wish I could a better job. I kinda think Guiness turned out better than Miley's. And I did his first.

Its raining again. I did run Miley through a couple of sequences before the rain started. We worked on some distance challenges. Since the Fast class seems to like tunnel to teeter stuff that's what we worked on. What I realized is I need to be really down the line when she is coming out of the tunnel to show her the line to the teeter. Waiting for her coming out of the tunnel just pulls her toward me. I know you are probably laughing because I should already know this. But sometimes it takes me a while. Lol

Good news. I finally got my AKC height card. My last measurement was in May but I had never received my card. Well I finally got around to sending the AKC an email asking what I needed to do. Apparently the jump height registration papers were coded wrong so it was never sent. They fixed and I received my card yesterday. Yea!

6 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Wow, that was a long time to wait for your height card! How fast does that praying mantis do the weaves and can he catch the entries when he is going fast? LOL. That is a neat picture of him. The shelties sitting next to each other look so cute together, they both look like they have the biggest smiles on their faces.

Dawn said...

Great insect picture! And I think the two dogs both look beautiful!

Sara said...

Their ears look great. Now I'm afraid to even look at my dogs' ears, because theirs have NEVER been trimmed. They must look like ragamuffins.

Dawn said...

I've never trimmed my dogs ears either. Though I started trimming the long hair that grows on her feet, because it saves me a $25.00 grooming bill from occurring quite so often.

Chris and Ricky said...

Ear trimming is really difficult but Miley and Guiness look good! Mom can't figure out how to trim my prick ears and I won't keep my head still long enough for her to make a plan!

Dawn P said...

Wanna come do Whispy's ears?