Thursday, August 27, 2009

Weave poles

We have been having weave pole problems. It only seems to be when the jump is at an angle to the side and in front of the poles. Yesterday she missed the entry repeatedly. I finally had to open the first two poles to get her to be successful. Today I started with the poles open and then closed them after two successful weaves.

I think I have a tendency to run the same way each time. I noticed from watching these videos that I need to vary what I'm doing more. She defiantly did much better today then yesterday. I set the video camera up because I thought maybe I was blocking her view of the weaves and that is why she couldn't get in, but not so.

Maybe she just needed that little chihuahua there to get her into the weaves right. Lol

8 comments:

Chris said...

I especially noticed that every time she missed the first pole, you were running ahead of her. Especially coming out of the tunnel, she will look for you, and if you are ahead of the entry, that's where she will target first. The time when she passed Roxy, you were behind her and let her enter first. My teacher tells her students to let the dog enter first and then follow - that way the dog only has to concentrate on the weaves without the distraction of you.

Roxy is so cute!

Dawn said...

She is such a blast to watch! And you are certainly getting your exercise! :)

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

There is a real good article in clean run about weaves this month, or at least when I glanced at it on the way back from the mail box it looked very interesting, so I am looking forward to sitting down and reading it this evening. I am glad opening up the first two poles was working, yippie

Diana said...

Thanks Chris, I hadnt noticed that. Diana

Chris and Ricky said...

I didn't notice what Chris said either and that sounds like good advice that mom needs too!

Marie said...

Diana,

If you find that article in Clean Run that Chris mentioned, will you let us know. I've just looked back through mine again, and can't see anything. I would like to read it if you find it.

Marie said...

Woops! I think that was Kathy that mentioned the Clean Run article, not Chris. Sorry.

Morganne said...

Wow! she is such a fast little weaver! Such fun to watch the videos.

I tend to like to send my dogs ahead of me to the weaves and let them find the entry and then I can accelerate and run ahead if I need to.