Tuesday, August 25, 2009

More Practice

Sorry I haven't blogged much. Its been so flipping hot out. Every time I walk the dogs, I sweat through all my clothes. Its been miserable. But things are looking up. The last two mornings its felt cool. Its still hot in the afternoon and evening but the morning has been nice. Not much else going on. Guiness's foot is starting to look better and he isn't licking it anymore. The sore is still there but not as red. He has only had 5 days of his antibiotics so hopefully it will gone by day 10.

I set this course up the other day. The first run she went off course into the tunnel after the a-frame. I thought I could get a front cross in there after the tunnel but I cut her off. Its kinda scary with your dog running straight at you. It doesn't look as bad on the video as it did in real life. The second time I ran it, she didn't go off course ,so I rear crossed that same section and that worked better ( at least I think it did). Then we had weave problems. It was kinda weird. If I was ahead of her, she didn't get in at the first pole. If I stayed back and sent her, she got in. Have I been practicing this way? I didn't think so. I didn't put all the video on here but repeatedly, if I hung back she got in. I'm going to have to work on that. Weird. She did have very nice teeters!!!

6 comments:

Sara said...

Glad to hear that Guiness' foot is starting to heal.

Miley looks awesome. Her contacts were great!

Chris and Ricky said...

Actually you two are looking good to me! Miley took the off-course into the tunnel because she felt like doing tunnel - you were not telling her to go there! She's blazing fast all the time. Wonder how fast she would be if she didn't live somewhere that is so HOT! Scary thought, isn't it? LOL!

Anonymous said...

I disagree with Ricky- in the first video you released her from her 2o2o before your shoulders were rotated onto the line you wanted her to take. Even though you tried to correct it, she already locked onto the tunnel from the bottom of the A-frame because your shoulders were pointing at it. The second time, when you led out a bit before releasing, your shoulders gave a better indication of the new direction of the course.

Morganne said...

I agree with Loralei13. When you released her from the a-frame, your shoulders were pointing straight at the tunnel and your motion had a slight forward component so that Miley thought you were cueing the tunnel. The second time, before you released her, your shoulders were completely rotated towards the two jumps and your motion was supporting that path. With the fast dogs, all it takes is a split second of shoulders not completely rotated and/motion not supporting the correct path and the dog has already committed to the incorrect obstacle.

Dawn said...

wow! She is so fast!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

The contacts are looking so good and Miley looks like she is really jumping nice and going fast. I have to agree that I thought it looked like Miley just locked onto the tunnel while she was stopped on the aframe and she forgot to check in to see if that was the right plan, LOL, it might have helped to not go forward, you only did a step or two in that direction (toward the tunnel) BUT I think by your second step in that direction Miley had deceided that she was definately headed in the right direction, maybe in hindsight really hanging back-so she sees that as deceleration and and turning and using her name to get her attention by the time she was released especially when she was really locked onto that tunnel so early. Miley is really reading you well, you guys are really looking so good!!! I see so much growth as a team from just a few months ago. Glad Guiness is looking better, I hope that leg is 100% very soon.