Saturday, August 15, 2009

The walk

This morning I wanted to get out early, by 7am , and walk the dogs. Stephanie wanted to go shopping this morning so I needed to be finished with dog stuff. I really wanted to go to the park that has lots of hills. Its better exercise for me and the dogs. Walking the front of the park is not possible because all the extreme bikers that are on the path. Even if the dogs didn't want to get them all, its dangerous because of how fast they ride. The back of the park doesn't open until 8:30 so I figured I would go to the other park. Its flat but it should be a nice quiet walk. ( famous last words). I get to the park and guess what? There are tons of people there getting ready to do a 5K run. Oh boy. Guiness doesn't care about runners but Miley loves to try and chase people. I decided I would walk anyway. The guy finishing the end line said that most of the run was off the main path. Ok. So we start our walk. First thing we encounter , yes a copperhead.
Photobucket">

It was facing the sidewalk and Guiness had just stepped right over it. At least this time I didn't do my usual scream and stop. This behavior always makes the dog either stop or come back toward me. So Guiness was able to easily go over it and not get bitten. Then the rest of the walk I saw tons of root snakes. Needless to say I wasn't relaxed. Everything worked out ok until the end of the walk. The runners were coming out of the woods ( wonder how they avoid the snakes) and coming on to the path. So , change of plans, we walked the road back to the car. Miley was so excited, she thought she died and went to heaven. Lots of people and cars to try and chase. She actually did really well. With every car she sat and waited for it to pass.

Here are some more pictures from our walk.
the park">

Photobucket">
Photobucket">
Photobucket">
Photobucket">

We did manage to get in some agility today. Contacts were great. I tired some lateral sends which we still had trouble with. I tried making the jump angle easier but we still had only a 40% success rate. So the last time when she got it, I jack potted and stopped. She also ticked a lot of bars. We did a little more agility this evening and she did really well.

Ive started to sign up for my fall trials. I have 2 in September and I'm getting ready to sign up for 2 in October.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

First off I LOVE the header picture of the two of them! And I love the river picture with the mist. Can't believe you saw so many snakes and didn't freak out! And good job to Miley for not getting totally out of control with all the runners and cars and for sitting for each one!

Chris and Ricky said...

Sounds like a great walk except for the snakes, runners, people, and cars! LOL!

I LOVE the new header photo too!

We're getting ready to sign up for fall trials too. Two in September and we'll have to see what's available in October.

Sara said...

Love the new header!

Great photos...except the snake. Eek!

Nicki said...

awesome photos. I wish I had time to take my dogs walking at parks more!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

snakes, YIKES!!!! Yea, we are almost at the fall trial season.

Marie said...

That picture of Miley and Guiness in the by the water is just gorgeous! I love the misty pictures too. I don't know if it's pretty enough to make up for seeing all the snakes though. They freak me out even though I try not to. LOL