Monday, August 17, 2009

Enthusiasm

When taking Miley into the back yard she always thinks we are going to do some agility. She is ready to go and usually jumps onto the dogwalk into the 2o/2o position waiting for me to send her somewhere. She will start to lower herself closer to the board , waiting of that one word, "OK". Lots of times we aren't playing agility and I feel bad for making her get off the equipment. ( I do have two big orange cones that block the ramp 1/2 way up so she cant run it herself) Yesterday was a lucky day for Miley because when we went to the backyard it was to work agility. She has such enthusiasm for the game. She puts her whole heart into it. I started thinking if I went to work with that type of attitude I would probably be a much better employee. I thought about that today when going to work. It didn't last long before my enthusiasm was lost. Maybe if I could just see the fun in work but .......

Anyway, back to yesterday. We worked on jump extension grids. She had run the grid 3 times successfully. I start to vary my position. I was standing at the second jump and released her. She dropped the first bar. No treat. All the other times she got a treat. I set her back up and when she took the first jump and kept the bar up, lots of treats. It was just a feeling but I thought she understood about dropping the bar. The next few grids she didn't drop any bars and it felt like she was really trying to keep the bars up. I guess will see in the future what happens. We also worked on weave poles. Not one missed entry or pop out. WhooHoo! To bad I forgot to turn the camera on.

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Love that first photo, she is such a gorgeous girl and the black and white suits her! What kind of camera do you have?

Good luck with training, sounds like she's doing well.

Diana said...

Thanks Natalie. These pictures where taken with a Canon Rebel XS. Diana

Chris and Ricky said...

I love the second photo! Too cute!

Miley's enthusiasm is what we really admire about her! She's always ready to play agility! Glad you had success with the jump grid!

Dawn said...

She's so smart! And obviously loves to do her job. Not so easy for us humans because our job usually involves too many other humans! LOL!

Sara said...

Great photos!

Yes, we could all learn a thing or two from our dogs, and their zest for life!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I love how dogs like that just take each day and each time they get to do something and just give it their all and throw all their excitement into it, we could all definately learn something from that.

Lian said...

Love those black and white photos and the one on your blog header.