Saturday, November 22, 2008

Weird day


Today started off early. I woke up at 5am and I'm not sure why. Did the dogs wake me up? I don't know but probably. So when I woke up then the dogs wouldn't let me go back to sleep. So up I was. Usually I walk the dogs but since it was 24 degrees out, I don't think so. At 9am I took the dogs to the park for a walk, now it was 33 degrees. I got a few good pictures but I didn't have much time because I needed to be home by 10:30 to take my son to work. We are down one car because it is at the airport. My husband is in Costa Rica. So to get back home in time I had to start jogging. If you know me, I don't jog anywhere. But I found a few short cuts in the woods and made it home in time. Later that day I decided to go to the clubs practice agility field. On Saturday morning there are a group of girls that use the field. I decided to go around 2pm. That should be late enough and they should be done. When I got there, there were a bunch of cars ,people sitting around eating and some walking a course. So I asked if there was a seminar going on. They said no. I told them who I was and that I had come to use the practice field. I was wondering if they just started or what. No one could really tell me anything. Some of the people I know from the agility committee. One person when I asked them about what was going on ( was it a seminar or class) she told me it was a party and she didn't know anything but she was invited. So I took that as I wasn't invited and to go home. Now none of this is a big deal except that I drove 40 minutes to get there. You would think the club would post something so we know that we cant use the field. ( The field that I pay a yearly fee to use) So now I was really mad. I just wanted to work my dog. While I was driving home I called someone that I hadn't seen since March and asked if I could use her yard. She has a very big yard and teaches classes. She said I was more than welcome to come use the yard. So I did.

We were terrible. Miley couldn't do the weave poles if her life depended on it. I'm not sure what was wrong. I had 12 set up and she would get in half way down the poles. What????? Now this person's yard had a gentle slope. What that the problem. I don't know. I took the weaves down to 6. She still couldn't do it. They were in a little bit of a hole so I moved them over. That helped at first and then getting in farther down the line started again. Ugh!! We did have a couple of successful weaves at the end of practice so at least we ended on a positive note. We did some contacts. She was 90 % successful with the contacts. I don't know if I was slow or what. But I wasn't giving her the information she needed. She kept coming into me and not taking jumps right in front of her. I do think that trying to run up the gentle slope was giving us problems. I was hard to keep you same speed and I think that pulled Miley off of things. That may have been some of it not sure why else we were so off. I hope it gets better.

Last , Stephanie went into work today at 4pm and they said she wasn't working. No one called her. When she looked at the schedule, she has no hours for the next two weeks. She called the owner and he said he didn't know why. Last time she didn't have any hours they called her that week and told her she had to come to work right now or she was fired. I called and told them she was in the car right now going to get the battery replaced in the car. It had to be jump started 3 times that day. She said she didn't care, if Stephanie didn't come in she was fired. I was thinking, what kind of place is this. I called the owner who wouldn't take my call so I had to tell the person who answered the phone why I was calling. I told him what the problem was and they said he would call me. He didn't. But Stephanie did go to work that night after getting the car fixed. They apologized to her. So after what happened today , she gave her 2 week notice. Its there loss. She was a hard worker and always went in when the called and needed an extra person. So that is my weird day.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds like no fun at all. I hope you and Miley have a better time next time, and that your daughter finds a really great job next!!

Chris and Ricky said...

Like being in the twilight zone.....how can so many weird things happen in the same day? Hopefully it's all out of your system (or the system) and you won't have a day like that again for a long time!

I'm glad your daughter quit her job - sounds like she'll be better appreciated some where else!