Monday, November 24, 2008

Weave troubles

So Ive been having weave problems. Saturday and Sunday she just couldn't make the entry or was popping out. Sometimes she would jump in half way down the line. Sometimes I think she didn't get in because she wasn't collecting but other times I'm not sure what was going on. So on Sunday I put some of the poles slanted to see if that would help. Nope, same problems. The first video is of the 12 weave bad practice. The second video is of the 6 weave and 9 weave practice.
So today I took the weaves down to 6 poles straight up. No problems. Not once. I didn't put all of them on here. The last time she runs I added 3 more poles to make 9. Still no problem. So Ill stick with that for a while.
I used food with the weaves. I also did some 2o/2o training. Its going pretty well. I made the mistake of trying to get her running and then run her over the a-frame. She didn't stop. She will stop going all the way over except if she has a running start. Then we took a break. Next I got a toy out to play. We played and than ran some short courses. She did great and seemed happy. Then only problem is I couldn't get her to come into me to set up. But I just went with it. So over all we had a great practice. After the last two days, I needed a great practice.

8 comments:

Sara said...

You had some "double dog weaving" going on at one point with Guiness and Miley.

Glad you had a good day! You deserved it.

Chris and Ricky said...

Look at Guiness weaving!!! You could enter synchronized agility and compete with Sara, Oreo and Misty!

Diana said...

I usually dont have both dogs out at the same time but it was suppose to start raining and I wanted Guiness to get some outside time before it started. thanks , Diana

Dawn said...

Guiness is so cute, just jumping in there with his own weaves! They both look like they are having fun, well all four? Weren't the little ones out there too? Guiness doesn't appear to be lame, is he still?

Diana said...

Yes, I noticed that Guiness looked ok when doing the weaves. It seems to show up more when he is jumping. And one time when I thought he was looking good, I ran him through some jumps (12 inches). He crashed through the jump and almost hurt himself. I decided he was done with agility forever.Diana

Jules said...

Have you tried Rally-O with Guinness? Miley is so speedy. Glad to hear you are having some good training sessions.

Diana said...

I have done Rally with Guiness but I just dont enjoy it. All that heeling. I hate heeling work. But guess what, freestyle has heeling too. SO thats what I need to work on. Diana

Johann The Dog said...

Looks like you got some stuff worked out! Looking good!

I had trouble with Johann's weaves just after I thought he finally got them, early on in training. Come to find out he liked it when I let him find the entrance by sending. Ever since then I can count on one hand the times he's missed a pole.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!