Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Miley's 2o/2o and rear crosses

Ive been having a very hard time with the 2o/2o board. Miley just doesn't get it if I just stand there and vary my position. So I decided not to use it any more. I'm going to just train her on the contacts. Its not like I don't have the contacts in my yard. So this video is of me and Miley doing the 2o/2o. I did put a clear target at the end of the dogwalk. The only time I baited it was the very last run because we were starting all the way at the other end and I wanted to make sure she stopped. Anyone can give me their opinion of what I'm doing and what you think. I know on the last run , one of her back legs was off the side of the dogwalk.

The next thing Ive been working on is rear crosses. I haven't been very successful with them when there is more than on in a row. I think I've messed up my dog by having to many failures and it has slowed her down. I worked today on putting her in a sit and then stepping behind her to check for a head turn . I wanted to make sure she was reading the rear cross. And she did it correct every time both ways. But when I ran her in the yard she would get the first rear cross but not the second. I think I made her unsure of herself because she kept head checking me. And then when I had her run a straight line of jumps, I beat her to the end. Not good. So after that we did a lot of play and running just a couple of obstacles with lots of rewards. I'm not going to work on the rear cross stuff for a while and give it a break. I want to get her confidence back up. How dumb am I????????

4 comments:

Sara said...

Your video, and one that Lian emailed me earlier today, really helped clarify what I need to be doing with my target training. I am back to square one on that.

Now I have visuals! Thanks!

Miley is so cute!

Chris and Ricky said...

I think Miley looks awesome on her 2o2o dogwalk - she flies over the dogwalk and hits her 2o2o and waits there until you release her - in my humble and newbie opinion, she's doing it right. The only thing that seems possibly a little confusing is that you often say, "ok touch" and then "ok' as your release word. I would just say "touch" for getting into 2o2o position and then save "ok" for the release. Just my thought.

Diana said...

Thanks Ricky. I didnt even notice that. I think I was saying "ok" to release her down the dogwalk. But your right that would be confusing. thanks, Diana

manymuddypaws said...

i think it looks good!! my only suggestion would be to make sure to vary when you release- sometimes before a reward, sometimes after..go in feed, and then leave again. keep her guessing as to when the magical "ok" will come :o) but otherwise it looks really great!