Saturday, November 29, 2008

Its raining

Well, I'm depressed. I came back from my mom's house on Friday just so I could go to a class up in North Carolina on Saturday afternoon. Its been raining since Friday. We drove up from Savannah in the rain last night and I woke up this morning to rain. I was for sure it was raining in North Carolina. When I emailed "m" to ask her she said she hadn't canceled the class but there was a 70 % chance of rain. So I didn't go. And they must not have gotten any rain because the class wasn't canceled. It was a 2 hour class on Gamblers. Shoot. I really want to go to that class. I signed up for my first ever USDAA trial at the end of December and I entered Gamblers. O'well Ill just do the best I can. And if I crash and burn, I'm sure I wont be the first person. HA!!

Ive posted a couple of pictures that I took over Thanksgiving in Savannah. Miley is actually tied to the tree in case she decided to case a car. But she didnt try to leave once during any of the picture taking. I took the dogs to this park that I always see going to my parents house. It looks so nice. A walking trial , some ponds, tennis courts and playground equipment. But guess what. We started walking the trial there are big signs posted. "No Pets". Wow, a public park and no pets. I don't think Ive ever seen that before. Maybe if the allowed pets they wouldn't have all those geese and pigeons pooping all over the place. My poor husband then had to listen to me rant for the next 20 minutes. ( He says it was longer). I ended up taking the dogs to these baseball park which we couldn't walk inside , but I got a few good pictures. ( The trees are still colorful there).

I worked Miley inside the house today. I put the contact board on the steps and she got the 2o/2o every time. Then I brought the weaves in the house, just 3 poles. But Miley just couldn't get an entry and wasn't driving. She was probably wondering what these poles were doing in the house. So we did go outside in the rain and train the weave poles. I didn't want to have a bad session in her brain. It was much more successful outside.

5 comments:

Sara said...

I hate signs that say "no pets". Makes no sense to me. As long as you clean up after your pet and keep them leashed, I see no reason why they should not be allowed.

I usually just ignore the signs, all they can do is ask you to leave.

I guess a few bad pet owners ruin it for the responsible ones.

Cute photos!

Dawn said...

The fur kids always look so comfortable together in your photos. Do they like to hang out together? Do they play together? They are both really cute! Too bad about the park...silly people. Your two pups wouldn't have caused any trouble. Too bad about the class too, sort of like me training for the 1/2 marathon and then not finding my race number tht morning! Maybe you just weren't meant to go for some reason.

Diana said...

They do play together but not all the time. Im luckey that Miley still thinks Im the best to play with. They dont sleep together either. But in general I would say they like each other. I was upset about missing the class because I dont get to go to many classes. Im jealous when I read about you all going to classes. There is really not much around my area. But you are probably right maybe I was luckey not to go for some reason and I just dont know what it is. Thanks, Diana

Diana said...

They do play together but not all the time. Im luckey that Miley still thinks Im the best to play with. They dont sleep together either. But in general I would say they like each other. I was upset about missing the class because I dont get to go to many classes. Im jealous when I read about you all going to classes. There is really not much around my area. But you are probably right maybe I was luckey not to go for some reason and I just dont know what it is. Thanks, Diana

Chris and Ricky said...

Great photos as always! Sorry you missed the class - we would've been depressed about that too!