Sunday, November 16, 2008

Am I tired?

I took Miley to the training field today. She chased to many cars. Something else I'm going to have to work on. I worked the double box with rear crosses. For some reason we are not together . I must be late with my cues so she is just doing what she wants. I get the feeling that since I'm not telling her soon enough what to do, she just making up a course. I set up a jumpers course that I saw on someones blog. I didn't know the correct measurement but just set it up how I thought is should be. We did ok.

The problem I had was coming off jump #5 to #6. She would take jump 5 and then go into the tunnel. I was just using a shoulder pull. I guess that wasn't enough of a cue. She did really well doing the weave poles. No pop outs. I'm going to work hard on using more toy play and less food. I think the food is slowing her down. So between the food and the car chasing she wasn't very focused.

we also worked on the 2o/2o board. Lots of work to do there. Hmmmmmm. Is there a theme here?

Was Miley tired? Nooooooo!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Did you say you think the food is slowing Miley down?

Not in that video!

Jules said...

Are the cars a bug distraction for her at the training field? or not so much?

Diana said...

The cars are only a problem when Im setting the course up or taking a break. Once we are practicing, she doesnt seem to notice them. I just dont want it to be a problem. I dont want it to become more fun the agility. I think Im going to put a long line on her when setting up so she cant run and chase the cars.( Its a fenced in area) Diana

Chris and Ricky said...

Miley looks like she has so much fun doing agility that nothing would ever be more fun than that! But we totally understand how you don't want her to chase cars. Love the photo of Miley's tongue hanging out!