Monday, November 17, 2008

Success

Tonight after I finished my parent duties I got home about 5pm. There was less than an hour of daylight left. I still needed to make dinner and I wanted to work Miley. So I put the chicken on the grill and the water on the stove and went in the back yard with Miley. I had a ball type of toy that is made of fleece. I really had her playing and we did some agility. She was flying. I cant say she was very accurate but I wasn't really following a planned course. She had so much more enthusiasm and speed. It was great. I'm really going to try and keep with doing more toy stuff with agility. I can only do it in short 2 minute sessions which worked great since I was grilling chicken at the same time. In the past if I worked a few minutes to long I got the feeling she thought something was wrong because she wasn't getting food as a reward. And as soon as I bring food out, she no longer wants to play with the toy. I also had her work the board later in the evening. I didn't use a target. I just waited to see what she would do. I'm not sure why but when I was on the right side of the board, no matter what my position, she go into the correct 2o/2o position at the end of the board. When I was on the left , she had problems coming off the side of the board. So I guess I must be working the right side more than the left. But hey, as least there is progress. So that made me happy. Yea!!

I took the picture above this weekend. It looks ok small. When I tried to make it bigger for my blog header, Miley was blurry. So it will have to be small. The leaves probably wont be as colorful next weekend so I wont be able to take the picture again.

4 comments:

Lian said...

That's lovely photo of Miley and Guiness. They are gorgeous!

I've also went through the stage to switch between toy and food with Saturn but then my guru gave me an excellent toy, actually it is a kiddie's purse. I stuff the treats inside the purse and get him to play and he is into the toy now.

Chris and Ricky said...

Awesome photo - how do you get Miley and Guiness to pose so well?

Mom gets me to do agility for a tug toy some times and I get really wound up and fast too. But just like Miley, if I know there is food around, I want the food!

Jules said...

yay for successfull and short trainign sessions. Great pic!!

Sara said...

At home Oreo prefers his toys over food, but at school I have to use food.

You're lucky to still have leaves! It was snowing here yesterday....