Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Freestyle class




Sunday night I went to the new freestyle class . This time there will only be 4 classes but they are 1 1/2 hours long. I did remember to bring the soft crate to put Guiness in. He was very excited to be there and kept barking when we were warming them up. But putting him in his crate when he wasn't working really helped to stop the barking. He barked maybe a couple of times when he was in there but that was it. There were two young girls from the last class and a couple of new people. We worked on teaching circles around cones and poles. We worked on nose touches to the hand and the target stick. Ive been trying to work on things since the last class just not those things. What I really, really need to teach Guiness is to heel on the right side. He just goes ahead of me then turns around and faces me. By then he is so out of place I cant get him to circle on my right side and then keep walking. So that is my goal for the next two weeks. Will see if I stick to it. Guiness was tried when we got home. ( see above picture)

3 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Freestyle sounds like a lot of fun but also seems to require an entire new set of skills! Guess that's a good thing since it's fun to learn new stuff - for the dogs and for the moms.

Guiness is adorable in that photo!

Jules said...

A tired dog is def. a happy dog! Freestyle sounds so fun - even with all the heeling! ;-P

Dawn said...

Awwwww....shhhhh! :)