Friday, March 6, 2009

Set Back

Miley seemed to be doing really well. She had her underwater treadmill treatment on Wednesday. She did well and didn't seem sore or tired that night. She actually seemed to feel better than she had in a long time. She was a little crazy in the house and maybe that was the problem. I have been increasing her activity. On Tuesday I let her run around the backyard for about 2 min and did that again on Wednesday. So since she had been doing well, I let her run around the backyard for about 10-15 min . I watched her the whole time and I didn't see anything. Later that evening I took her to the park to walk. Within the first 1/4th of the walk she did something. It was hard to see because she is walking in front of me and she has all that fuzzy butt hair. But it looked like she picked her leg up and shook it. I saw the butt hair fling out twice. I didn't see anything else the rest of the walk. That night she could still sit in a nice tuck sit and a nice sit up with again her legs tucked in nicely. Was able to stand on her back legs like usual. So I don't know what happened. This morning when I walked her, her gait was a little off on the first part of the walk. Not the whole time, just for a few seconds. Nothing that I can really tell you what she is doing. So I guess we have taken a step back. I don't know if she over did it on Wednesday when she seemed to feel so good. Or if me letting her run to much in the back yard did it. I guess I need to be more careful. (I'm trying to be positive and not let this set back take me over the edge- which is really what is happening. LOL)

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Isn't that the way things go..two steps forward, one back. You are being so careful with her, I'm sure she's driving you crazy! But with rest hopefully she will be able to play like she used to.

All this injury talk makes me wonder if agility is too risky, even if they do have fun. Do you hear a lot about injuries resulting from agility?

Diana said...

Yes there are injuries in agility. But I dont think its anymore than any other dog sport thats active. But your dog can get hurt just being at home. Thats what happened to Guiness. My daughter was playing with him and he twisted , yelped and held his left rear leg up. Never got better and no one could figure out what was wrong with him. And believe me, I tried. Diana

Sara said...

Any set back must be really frustrating for you. Injuries like this are so tough to deal with, because its not cut and dry, like a visible wound that closes up and heals. You really have to watch your dog carefully for any signs of discomfort. Then, you start overanalyzing everything the dog does, and begin to think you yourself might be crazy! LOL!

I really feel bad for both you and Miley! It sounds to me like her water therapy is working, and with time she will get better.

Chris and Ricky said...

I am sorry that you think Miley has had a set back. Maybe little things like this are "normal" as she recovers?

Do you like your new rehab vet? Do you think they know what they're doing? Do you trust them?