Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Park

This morning we walked the state park. ( I guess you figured since I posted a new blog header) We got there around 9am and it was packed. Even in South Carolina they are having spring fever. Its not like this is the first warm day we have had all winter. The first parking lot was full. I figured, "Great, tons of bikes". I thought we would be ok if we just stayed mostly on the spider women trail. The bikes don't go on that trail to often because its very hilly and some of the paths are narrow. But today we had 8 bikes on the spider women trail. It makes life difficult because Guiness goes crazy when the bikes go by. So much for a nice, peaceful walk. We did see a beaver swimming in the water. The water looked rough, I guess all the rain and snow was coming through. It didn't seem to bother the beaver. We walked most of the spider women trial but not all. I didn't want to over due Miley. We finished without any skipping or leg flicking. Yea. It was already warm this morning and I wasn't well prepared with water for the dogs to drink. Several times they went down to the creek for water. Both Miley and Guiness went and stood in the creek. I figured Guiness was hot. He never gets his feet wet. He will always walk around any puddles of water. Miley always trots through them.
I let Miley run a few jumps this morning. That made her and me happy. I didn't see any problems. We also did some box work. Which she must remember from before because she picked it up easily.
This afternoon its very hot, 85 degrees. The dogs are in shock. Miley is looking for shade so I filled up the baby pool for her. That's how it is in South Carolina. We usually don't have Spring or Fall. Just Summer and Winter.
I did watch some of the activities at Crufts. How great is the computer and technology that we can now watch Live dogs shows in England. I watched some of the freestyle competition. I really only like watching the dogs and people that have fast music. The slow stuff is boring to me. What I really liked was the guy who gave a small demonstration on teaching tricks to your dog. He has won some freestyle competitions with his dogs. His boarder collie just seemed so happy and excited to be doing the tricks. That was nice to see. I also watch the semi-final and part of the finals for the large dog agility. I didn't like the second course set up as much as the first. They really like those tight twisty courses over there.

9 comments:

Rohan Shelties said...

HOLI CANOLI! 85 degrees!! It wont be that warm here in Mass until atleast May...I'll just try to keep enjoying the 50's we have today and tomorrow! Even at this temp, my girls are getting hot too...they play frisbee and then go and roll in the snow that we still have. Atleast they get some of the mud off when they roll...
Take Care,
Sheltie Hugs,
Sheltie-Mom Jenn, Heidi and Shelby

Sara said...

I bet Miley was really happy to be out and about again. How cool that you saw a beaver!

Someone in my class today was demonstrating "box work" with her dog, to teach running contacts on the A-Frame. She's said its a good method to prevent injuries.

ThePainterPack said...

Harooooos!! It was only 75 here...we don't 'specially like it. Mommy says she should take us and move to a colder place! But seeing your picture and hearing about your park day makes me want to enjoy the spring!!!

Mya Boo Boo

Dawn said...

I think I'm going to need an explanation about what "Box work" exactly is...

Anonymous said...

And we thought we had it nice today with fifty degrees, LOL. The video from Crufts is fun, but I'm tired from getting up so early!

Cool Design Shelties said...

What a walk in the Park ;o) Yes, it's great with the new technology so we can watch live dogs shows in England (Crufts). This evening the pastorale group and Best In Show is on.....just had to see it :o)

//Bente

Laureate said...

85 degrees! Wow, we might hit that in July!!! We are starting to see signs of spring, however, and it certainly lifts the spirits.

Cheers, Kim

Chris and Ricky said...

Love your new header photo! You always have the best photos of Miley and Guiness! Sounds like you ahd a fun but hot walk! We set a record yesterday with a high of 77!! So I'm not surprised you hit 85 down there!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

That sounds like a great day. I am soooo glad it sounds like MIley is coming along, it is just hard to know it takes so long to get totally healed up, but it sounds like you are doing such a great job with her, you are both so lucky to have each other. I love the link for the dog ortho stuff!