Monday, March 16, 2009

Running A-Frame ( ground work)

It took forever to get this to load. I first tired it with my other program and had it slowed down but it just wouldn't upload. Ugh! So anyway, this about the extent of our agility training right now. I decided to try Miley with a running a-frame but then a 2o/2o dogwalk. We will see what happens. Right now things are looking good. Ive been video taping all the sessions. After watching the first session with the two low jumps and the box, I saw that she was putting an extra stride between the last jump and the box. I want her to be a 2 stride on the down because I know when she goes to a trial she is excited and will change to a 2 stride. Well really, she would like it to be one stride. Hit and jump off high. But I'm hoping for a 2 stride on the down. I can now really see what holes were in my training last time and hopefully I'm fixing them.

Last night at dinner I asked my husband and my daughter if they saw Miley limping when she has been running around the house. Do you know what they both said at the same time, "she's a maniac". Then my husband said, "She runs around as fast as she can, jumping, spinning, who the hell can see anything she is doing". Not really the answer I was looking for. I really wouldn't use the word maniac to describe Miley at all. Guiness, yes but not Miley. She is just excited and happy. You can make her stop easily by calling her name. Now Guiness, a bike goes by and he is crazy. Try calling him off, not to easy. Someone comes to the door, maniac dog!

Today Miley's underwater treadmill session went really well. I brought a harness for her and it worked great. She really didn't like the life vest from last week. Today she was focused and moving. She didn't have any problems. To bad I have to work tomorrow. The rehab and Vet. referral service are taking pictures for their web site tomorrow at 9am and they wanted Miley for the pictures. Ahh to bad.

Three days of rain. Im really hoping is stops tomorrow.

5 comments:

Lian said...

Miley is looking really good with the box work. She definitely looking fine on the video, no limping at all.

Sara said...

I bet Miley is thrilled to be outside training again. That box concept really makes sense to me. The 2o/2o dogwalk-running A-Frame seems to be the trend right now (at least among the agility trainers in my area).

I've missed your Miley training videos....I hope she keeps getting better and stays healthy.

Chris and Ricky said...

It's awesome to see Miley and you practicing agility again!

Dawn said...

Good job little girl Miley! Hope she gets better and better!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I am going to try Chloe my sheltie with the same type of training for a running contact...I will be interested to watch Mileys progress and see how you like it. I wish I could do it with Breeze...but I might never catch up.