Thursday, March 19, 2009

Running A-frame

Someone posted a message to me about the running A-Frame. She didnt want me to post her message on my site. I tried to email her my reply but it kept gettin rejected. So I hope she doesnt mind but here is my reply.




So far I like the running a-frame. I had tried it before but I used the information from an article in Clean run and I didnt have all the information I needed to teach it properly. I now have the DVD which has a lot more information in it. She also added more ground work to make sure your dog really knows what they are doing. Right now I just have her doing the 2 jumps to the box. I would recommend video taping it every session. You think they are doing it correctly but when I went back and looked at the tape she wasnt. Rachal tells you what to look for in the DVD and how to fix things that happen. Like if the dog jumps the box or if they are putting to many strides in between the last jump and the box. I wont put the box on the a-frame until I can do front crosses and rear crosses with the stuff on the ground. She also says you need to run sequences witht he jumps and box on the ground. So, send your dog to the tunnel and then into the ground work set up. She definitly gives you a lot more ground work to do with the DVD then she did with the first article that was in clean run. Thats as far as I have gotten in the DVD. I hope that helps.

No comments: