Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Miley handling

This was a set up I did today with Miley. Keep in mind we really haven't practice for a couple of months. She did pretty good. My handling needs help. I don't like the arm flinging thing I'm doing. Its very choppy looking. Its probably confusing to the dog. She did drop some bars, but the were all on crosses. I did more than what is on the video. I first did the set up that is from clean run March of 09. Its the Power Paws Drills, Seminar Sets by Nancy Gyes, set number 3. In the end I change the bottom of the sequence to be a pinwheel. ( not on video) One thing I noticed that I did was try to rear cross after the jump to turn her into the pinwheel. You wouldn't rear cross in front of the jump the dog just took. So I let the dog go by and then rear crossed. I don't know why I did that. I didn't even realize that is what I did until I watched the video. I know I also did that at the trial in January , with the same results. The dog didn't understand the cue. Ugh! I will have to watch that.

My computer is still having problems. The audio device keeps deleting its self. Plus other problems. I may have to send it in to be fixed. I probably wont get much practice in the next 5 days, its suppose to rain everyday. I hope they are wrong. On Sunday I may go up to North Carolina and watch the AKC agility nationals. It wont be that close again for a long time.

5 comments:

Lian said...

She looks very fast and keen, Diana.

Sara said...

Miley doesn't look like she has had any time off! She looks wonderful. You two are an amazing team.

Chris and Ricky said...

WooHoo, look at Miley go!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely love Miley's photo at the beach!

Dawn said...

She's wonderful. And the picture at the top? SOOOOO beautiful. She looks so much happier there than she did in the underwater treadmill! LOL!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

It is so cool to see Miley running and looking so good-that definately brought a smile to my face this afternoon. She has a wonderful send and her drive is so terrific.