Sunday, March 1, 2009

More Rehab

This video was from Friday appt., second time on the treadmill. They put a leash on her because in the morning , she was riding the treadmill to the back and stood where it wasn't moving. Sneaky huh? She did really well on Friday. Friday night at home she seem very good. I didn't seen any leg problems. Saturday I cancelled my appointment. Where were suppose to get severe weather and I didn't want to be driving in it. But we just got lots and lots of rain. It stopped for a short while and I took the dogs for a walk. I really didn't see anything specifically wrong with her gait. Just this little hop, but not with her feet it was more in her hip. It was so slight, I kept saying to my husband, "Did you see that?". "No"
I think I'm making myself crazy. I did decrease the Rimadyl to once a day on Saturday. On Sunday no walks. Its been raining a lot.

We are suppose to get snow. They are saying between 1-5 inches. So guess what? They closed school already. Its been raining all day. What if they are wrong? And I cant believe it but this school system has no emergency days built into the calender. So the last snow day they called off , I have to make up on my own time. Stay late and make up the time or take a personal day. I don't have a personal day for this type of thing. My personal days are for agility , dog or kid stuff. An now they have called school already and I will have to make up this day too. I get seven personal days for the year and they think I should use two for this. They better hope it snows!!

Has anyone used or know someone who has used Cartrophen for knee injuries?

4 comments:

Sara said...

My parents are driving home from their two month trip to Florida this week, and will be in North Carolina tomorrow. Guess they will be driving right back into winter! Hope they remember how to drive in snow.

That is crazy that you have to make up the time when the school decides to close. I have never heard of such a policy.

Miley sure is smart for figuring out how to get out of walking the treadmill!

Diana said...

The up state is suppose to get over 10 inches. I hope your parents will be ok. They may have to take break. Diana

Chris and Ricky said...

Wow - we just saw the weather map and can't believe the big storm you're getting! The jet stream is clear down over northern FL! Sorry you have to take personal days to make up for snow days. That's just not fair.

Try not to make yourself crazy over Miley - the underwater treadmill is probably helping a lot and soon (if not already) she'll be just fine!

Anonymous said...

wow, SNOW??? you know it is so hard but it sounds like Miley is coming along and I imagine you will see some funny little things for awhile, but it sounds like she is going to heal up as good as new. Hard though to have your dog hurt......then you always have it in the back of your mind it COULD happen so I know I never look at my doggies the same after they get hurt, I never used to watch so carefully all the time, and I miss when I never worried about such things, I really dont enjoy worrying all the time....I can not wait until this is all behind you and Miley and you both can relax and just play again-tell Miley to hang in there and to enjoy her snow day.