Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sometimes you get lucky!

I was walking the dogs this morning. I usually walk them very early so it is still dark out. There are about 150 houses in my neighborhood that is all cul-de-sacs (sp?). We are surrounded by woods. While walking we run into bunnies everyday in peoples front yards. I think the bunnies like all the flowers. When the dogs see the bunnies they go crazy. Guiness I feel sure I could recall him back to me if he would get loose. But Miley is a different story. I work on this everyday but I haven't been able to get her to look at me or step toward me when ever she sees the bunny. The bunny has to get about 15 feet away before I get her attention again. Its a work in progress. Some how today when she saw the bunny she got away from me. I'm not sure how. Next thing I know she is chasing the bunny down the side of a house which leads to woods. I cant see her because it is pitch black. I'm thinking " I'm screwed". She will never come back and Ive just lost my dog. But as luck would have it, I called her and said "ready , ready , ready" ( agility stuff) and she came back. Not all the way ,so I could grab her collar but close enough that I could get the leash. She still wasn't looking at me, she was looking back in the bunny's direction by so what. She came back. Thank god! So sometimes you get lucky.

1 comment:

Jules said...

woo-hoo Miley.

How scary though - bunnies are so fast!