Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I chickened out

I canceled Miley appt. to be spayed. Here is the story. Sunday I went upstairs and it was hot. "Aren't you kids hot"? , "yes". I look at the thermostat it reads 81 degrees. I check the temperature is suppose to be, 76 degrees. The air conditioner isn't working. So I tell the kids to open their doors so maybe some of the cool air from downstairs will go upstairs. My daughter opens her bathroom door. Next thing you know the dogs are all eating pads out of the trash. Yuck!! Miley wont eat string cheese or french fries but she will eat a nasty pad. Who knows how much everyone ate. Then Monday morning Miley is dry heaving on our morning walk. But she ate half her breakfast so I figure that she is ok. The air conditioner guy comes and we pay a fortune but at least the air conditioner works again. I come home from work and Miley is vomiting bile out her mouth and nose. Do I use the wait and see approach? If she gets worse at night and I have to go to the emergency vet they change 100.00 just to come in the door. Or do I just go the my vet now. What if she had a pad stuck in her intestines? I choose to call the vet and they want to see her. I take her in. The feel around, she feels ok. They want to do x-rays. Ok, and I ask if they can get a low enough picture to see her long bones and make sure her growth plates are closed. I know he thought I was crazy. I told him why. x-rays looked fine just FOS ( that's a medical term meaning , full of sh--). Lots of poop in her intestine but no obstruction.. Her hips look good and growth plates are closed. They gave her two shots to stop the vomiting and some can food. Monday night she seems fine. Wednesday she seems fine but didn't poop all day. The other dogs have been pooping pads but not Miley. She is not acting sick at all so she must feel ok but Im still worried. Wednesday morning she finally poops. Yea!! But yesterday when the vet call to check on her and she hadn't pooped , I decided to cancel the spay. I didn't think is was a good idea to do a spay when your intestines is full of poop. ( hey how many times can I say poop)

Now some thoughts on the dogwalk. Ive been watching the videos I have on her running both high and low. What I notice is where she is hitting the yellow zone. On the high DW, she right above or just at the yellow zone. On the low DW, the more reps you do the higher up on the yellow she goes. So I think she needs more strength training and more reps to help build that strength. And to stop when I see her start to hit higher on the yellow.

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Your dogs are ADORABLE. I enjoyed your blog-check us out at www.cruzanborders.blogspot.com!