Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The good , the bad and the ugly

When dogs play like this, it always reminds me of those seals you see on T.V. It cracks me up.

Ive been trying to video my practice sessions just so I can see what is happening. I reviewed the video from Saturday and I really felt like Miley was running slow. But then yesterday she was on fire. I just couldn't believe it. Not only was she fast but was picking up cues very nicely. (come to heels, push and pulls) It was great. I think it was because the high temperature outside dropped 10 degrees because of the storms that came through.Then yesterday I raised the dogwalk about 4-5 inches. And she started just barely making the contact. Ugh!! I was so depressed. I started thinking I should just do a 2o/2o. But I really don't want to do that. I think it will confuse her right now. So after a few hours I watched the video again of the contacts and it wasn't as bad as I thought. She is striding through the contact about 50% of the time. I just need to work it some more. I think I might put a target down again and see how that works.

I know I haven't posted about Guiness. He is doing ok. He can at least run in the house and play with the other dogs without limping. He does ok running in the yard. But if I do any agility at all, he will limp. So no more agility for Guiness. He still seems happy to me so that is what is important.

The ugly? That's just the picture I posted. It looks ugly but they were just playing.

1 comment:

Nicki said...

My dog and her buddy play like that, looks and sounds awful but they never touch each other!