Thursday, May 29, 2008

CGC class

Last week Miley did really well in class. Everything was perfect. She wouldn't take any treats. I was using Natural Balance rolls. I'm not sure why she wont take any treats, was she not hungry or was it to hot? Sometimes she is just like that but always keeps working. It was 80 degrees out and were are in a non-air conditioned building with the doors open. But she performed well and she seemed happy. So this week I decided to bring a hot dog with me because I know she loves hot dogs. Now she was very unfocused. She kept barking at me and other dogs. She still did well but just not as well as the week before. The temperature was a lot cooler to. When I got home from work it was 91 degrees, but then we had a big rain storm. When I went to go to class it was now 65. So between the hot dogs and the cooler temps she was just a little hyped up. The only thing that was a real problem was when she was being touched and petted. One lady bends down next to the dog and starts petting her on her chest, then goes to the ears, then the feet etc... The other lady bends over the dog and Miley didn't like this at all. She kept trying to back away. I think it was just to much for her. She doesn't like being petted by other people much anyway, but when they are over her, she couldn't take it. I wonder which way the person who does the test will approach the dog. Bend down or lean over?

1 comment:

Johann The Dog said...

Oh no, bends over the pup? Now I know I'll never pass. I think it's a herding dog thing, not liking two people bending over you. I sure don't like it...