Saturday, May 24, 2008

Is she running fast?

One thing I want to make sure is that my dog is not running next to me. I want her running her heart out. I want her confident and sure of herself.Do you think she is going fast? She is having to cover a lot more ground than me. My husband said I need to run faster. Which is true. But I think I have said this before, I feel like I'm running and then when I watch the tape I see that I'm not. Practice went well. I didn't realize that I had repeated the exercise so many times. I will be more careful about that. One thing she did while we were at the practice field was she ran on the the teeter. She got half way up and I took her off. I was just walking by the teeter and she went on it all by herself. But I didn't want her to freak out when it tipped so I took her off. Evil teeter.

5 comments:

OBay Shelties said...

I don't think speed will be an issue for her! :-)

Diana said...

So, its ok that she is not really infront of me? Does that make sense? Diana

OBay Shelties said...

As long as she is not behind you! :-) You are ahead of her because you take the shortest route and she has to go the long way over the obstacles.

manymuddypaws said...

she is not slow by any means!!!! you have long legs, can run, and take the shortest path. She is short, and has to do more work so it is no wonder she is not ahead of you. You can work on that though- using toys, driving from behind...instead of always being beside her. Practice not always full out running so that she gets used to having to run by herself for when she does get ahead of you..

oh, and when she gets to the "goodies" you need to make it a party, and let her eat right out of the toy..

she is a super dog though, I love her spunk!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.