Monday, May 5, 2008

Finally!!

Ok ,Im posting this video because it took me so long to find the software, edit the video and down load it. Because of all the effort and time it has taken me, I'm posting it. You can now see how much air she has under her when running the dog walk. When I watch other peoples running dogwalk ,their dog is very close to the board, even in slow motion. So maybe she isn't a candidate for a running dogwalk. I'm not ready to give up yet. As seen in the post below she now hits the contact with the dogwalk at 2 feet off the ground. I'm still working on the hit-it pad so maybe she will understand what I want from her.

3 comments:

Johann The Dog said...

The vid nearer the ground looks great!

Have you read Silvia Trkman's info on running dog walks. I believe she recommends raising the dog walk just a little at a time after success at the previous height - I also think I remember her saying at the seminar that it can take upwards of 2-4 months with her method.

May be worth reading? If I had a young pup and a dog walk - I'd train with Silvia's method for sure.

Anonymous said...

Whoo-hoooo! She's got a great stride on her! I'll bet you could teach a running contact on her, it would be worth trying, anyway just becaue she'd be so freekin' fast :-)
Have you considered stride regulators?

Diana said...

I did try stride regulators without much success. But I think Im going to try again. thanks, Diana