Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Update

Miley was rechecked by the rehab vet to see if we needed to continue the laser therapy ect.. She didnt show any signs of pain and no muscle spasm. So we get to stop the laser. Good thing because I was going to tell her I cant afford anymore laser treatment. Then she said we can take the ultrasound therapy down from 3 days a week to 2 days a week. WhooHoo! All this driving is hurting my back and hip. Miley is getting more crazy by the day. I hope I can keep her under control for 2 more weeks. This morning she got out of the little fenced in area I have for her to go potty. She stopped as soon as I called her name. Then I said "down". Well, she didnt do what I wanted. Instead she walked slowly to me and then laid down. Oh well. I took it and was just glad she wasnt running around like a manic saying "catch me if you can". Oh yea, she now weighs 15 lbs.(She has gained over a pound) I cant believe it. I thought I had cut her food back enough. She usually eats just under a 1/3 of a cup of food twice a day. Now Im only giving her 1/2 that. Just goes to show you, no exercise, no matter how much you cut back, equals weight gain. Ugh!!


Guiness is back to acting strange. He once again refuses to go on morning walks. Im not sure why. He will walk all other times a day. Also his rash on is lower abd. area and groin keeps coming back. I treat him with benadryl, it gets better. I stop the benadryl and 3-5 days later he is back to being an itchy raw mess.


I thought I broke my toe on Sunday. I was stepping over one of the many gates I have up in the area my family calls the obstacle course and caught my toe. Man it hurt for 10 minutes and I couldnt move it. I really thought I broke it. But after the 10 minutes it was feeling better and I could move it again. It did swell but never bruised. Today it back to normal, so thats good.

My son went back to college on Sunday and came back today because he forgot multiple things. Hmmm... I wonder if he did that on purpose just so he could come home. Anyway, I hope he does better this semester or there would be any more semesters.

9 comments:

Noah said...

You have received a new award (created by Miley) from me for your wonderful and enjoyable blogs. Thank you for sharing with us.

noah-aussie.blogspot.com/2010/08/thank-you-miley-for-award.html

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I am glad Miley sounds like physically she is doing better but I bet she is going stir crazy. WOW Miley is tiny isnt she? How tall is she? She looks bigger then that in pictures, but it is always so hard to tell in pictures. OUGH that toe sound painful, glad it is feeling better. Guiness rash sounds strange it still sounds like an allergy to something he is touching to me, no new laundry soap or a new bed, or a patch of grass that he has been laying on that has been treated wih something new?

LauraK said...

Wow! Sounds like you've got a lot going on right now- I'm a little overwhelmed myself as well :) Hope everything starts to work itself out, hang in there!

Marie said...

Yay, I'm so glad to hear good news about Miley's rehab.

Weird about Guinness. Who knows what goes on in their little heads. Bummer that the irritation on his abdomen and groin isn't going away.

Sara said...

I'm glad you got some good news about Miley, and that you can cut back on the ultrasound.

Poor Guiness. One of my dogs developed a reaction like that to topical flea/tick meds. He had been on them for years, then one year, he was an itchy raw mess. Once I stopped using that brand, it went away. Just a thought.

Jules said...

That's great news about the pt. Miley's photos are misleading; Perhaps it is all the coat? :) Ike (my Schnauzer) is 15.8 #! And that is skinny for him.

Poor Guinness - do you think it is an environmental allergy?

Sam said...

I'm so glad that Miley seems to be on the mend. AND I'm also glad that she didn't go in to a zoomy fit when she jumped out of her potty pen. Can't wait to see you guys doing agility again.

Dawn said...

wow you have a lot going on. Glad some of it can ease up a bit now. Glad the toe isn't broken as well! You don't need that! Yes, how tall IS Miley? Cause Katie weights 19 pounds...and I need to keep her there or at 18...I don't know how tall she is though.

Cynthia Blue said...

Yeah, bleh, lack of exercise means weight gain. It sucks, for people too!