Tuesday, August 3, 2010

skip again

So now Im obsessing over the skipping and its makes me cringe every time I see it. Ugh! The only good thing, if there can be a good thing, is I go back to work at the beginning of next week. So at least I didnt have to sit around with her on rest all summer. That would have been a huge drag.

">

She had blue painters tape hanging from her belly that you see in the slow motion part of the video. She woke up at 5am. I let her out and fell back asleep on the couch. When I woke up she had blue tape all stuck to her chest. I didnt see the blue tape on her underside until after I filmed this.

Our appt. is today at 2pm for the x-rays and the go from there. Hopefully I cant get all the diagnostic stuff done before returning to work.

8 comments:

Sara said...

I hope Miley's x-rays come back normal, and you can get some kind of plan going before you go back to work.

Unknown said...

The skipping makes her look like she's doing it on purpose because she's happy lol! Wonder what she did with the blue tape?! Hope the xrays go well for Miley!

Chris and Ricky said...

Thanks for videoing Miley walking again and for pointing out the skip and for showing the slow motion. I do see it now. That's a great video to show to the vet.

Fingers crossed for you guys - we'll be thinking about you and hoping for good news! Let us know how it goes this afternoon.

OBay Shelties said...

Just fyi most dogs skip when they want to go from a pace (she was pacing to start) to a trot (she skipped and then went into a trot).

I am not saying that there is nothing wrong with her but just something to bear in mind.
Best of luck and let us know how she makes out at the vet?
Cheers, Bernadette

Dawn said...

I hope today goes well...though I'm not sure exactly what "well" means, does it mean you see the problem and can fix it? Or see no problem and are left to try to figure it out? Either way I hope you find a treatment that works and Miley remains a happy dog!

Diana said...

Thanks Bernadette. I just noticed that the last time I watched it. I was wondering if thats why she may have done it. Kinda like when your in the band and your out of step, and you skip to fix it. thanks, Diana

Kim said...

I really hope her skipping is nothing serious.

Good luck at the vets today.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Humm, you can def. see the skip, poor Miley...Hope the appointment goes well...