Sunday, August 15, 2010

One day down

and 27 more to go on our 4 weeks of rest. LOL . Its going to be a long 4 weeks. I never realized how excited Miley is about everything. "you have my leash" , jump spin. "Its time for breakfast", jump spin. "look a leaf, a mailbox flag blowing, a person walking" jump, spin, jump spin. Ugh!! I am able to keep her from jumping on the couch and I am crating her a night which she wasnt happy about. If I try putting her in her crate while Im home she just spins and barks at me constantly so thats not good. Im just letting her walk around in the den and kitchen, with gates up every where. Its like having babies again with all these gates. Except now we are older and stepping over the gates is much harder. LOL

Here is Miley with her racing stripes. They shaved her down on each side.






And he is Miley wishing she could go run in the back yard.





8 comments:

Sara said...

Poor Miley, poor you!

Here is something you once told me....."I know it feels like this is taking forever but by next year it won't feel so bad."

You were so right. Unfortunately, when you are in the moment...life sucks. LOL.

Chris and Ricky said...

Poor Miley and poor you!! Guess the 4 weeks isn't going to pass by quickly. It is amazing how much jumping and spinning we Shelties do - I know just about everything excites me! Good luck and hang in there!

Marie said...

Here's hoping the the next 27 pass more quickly than we all expect them to....

Dawn said...

Man this is going to be tough. Katie is the same..jumpy jumpy, barky barky, spin spin..then do it all over again. Plus, how do you keep Miley in shape if all she can do is walk around? Poor girl. Poor you!!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I do think you will have your work cut out for you keeping Miley quiet for another 28 days. Sounds like some shaping games are in order, LOL!

Natasha said...

Aww poor Miley! 4 weeks of rest is hard. Hope you get something good about it, maybe work some new conditioning exercises that you can do in the house?

Morganne said...

Oh no! But at least it is something that won't require surgery. By the end of 4 weeks Miley will know LOTS of tricks!

AC said...

Ugh, so sorry to hear about the 4 weeks of rest! I am glad that it's "only" four weeks and Miley won't need months of rest or surgery. Hang in there!