Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Last Day

Yesterday was my last day off for the summer. So I spent several hours at the park. I always wanted to go on the other side of this creek and island to see the river. But my dogs dont want to go thur the water. This picture shows the extent they will go to the water by themselves.


I can stand them on rocks in the water and take pictures as long as I have treats.
So I picked up both dogs and carried them across 2 creeks and put them on the island. The Island is scary because its full of brush and all I can think is "snake". But no I didnt see any snakes, thank goodness. There are huge rocks on the other side that I took tons of pictures. To bad it was still to misty in most cases.
Doesnt Guiness look like he is smiling?



















But when I got to the other side of the island, it was to misty to see the river. I was very disappointed.
We were out there for a long time and then I decided it was time to go home. I had the dogs off leash while on the rocks. I figured I put them back on leash when I got ready to carry them across the creek again. So we are walking thur the brush and the dogs go ahead of me. Well I cant see them. I call and Miley comes right back but not Guiness. Ugh! I call, and call. The island is only about 50feet by 75feet. Where could he go? Then I started worrying that he fell in the river and is going down stream. This time I call him with a few cuss words in there and he came up behind me. Uh? I dont know how he got around me but he was certainly glad to see me. He must of not been able to find me either. Needless to say, I was happy to see him and clipped his leash on. The picture below is of the brush island, can you find Miley?





I just thought this picture was funny.












10 comments:

Sara said...

Great photos, love the mist makes your dogs look angelic, even though we know Guinness is no angel :)

Chris and Ricky said...

I really love your photos! They are all so good! That is a beautiful place - glad you didn't run into any snakes and glad Guiness didn't really disappear!

How can it be time for you to go back to work already? Summer is too short. But I know you want the next few days to fly by until Miley's appt. on Friday. I hope you get good news!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Great photos, boy that was misty looking; it looks like it gave it a neat but spooky feel. Since you had to carry the dogs across I am glad you dont have rotties or St. Bernards, LOL!!! How did the summer go by so fast?

Sam said...

You were upset that there was mist? Personally, I think it makes the photos look amazing. I wish I could have come with you, it looks beautiful there!

AC said...

All that mist makes things look other-worldly. Really neat. I hope you have a smooth transition back to work!

Dawn said...

You didn't carry both at once did you?? Glad Guiness didn't disappear. I remember last time he did that! That was terrible!

Summer is way too short, can't believe you're back at work already. Hope that this year is good for you.

And that Miley's appt on Friday goes well too...

I had Katie out at the park tonight, and once I looked at her, sun in my eyes, and I could swear she looked just like Guiness, in fact I thought for one freaky moment she WAS Guiness!!

Unknown said...

Guiness and Miley look great on the rocks! I especially like that misty picture of the river and rocks. :)
So glad you found Guiness back with that cheeky grin!!

Lian said...

Your shelties always smile when they have their pictures taken! Lovely photos!

Nicki said...

Pretty pics. Looks like fun!

Suzanne said...

Beautiful photos. Your dogs are gorgeous.