Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Toys

I found this toy today. My dogs love hedgehogs for some reason. This one is really neat. It comes in a box with several squeakers, rattle and crunchy thing. It also comes with the white stuffing. The hedgehog has a Velcro opening so you can stuff it yourself and put different noise makers inside it. I thought it would be good because your dogs can destuff it and then you can just restuff it and when you are tired of the game, just Velcro it closed. Works great.


I posted this toy to go with Kathy's blog post on tug toys. It is also from Dog Dream Toys.This one is made of real rabbit fur for dogs that maybe arent into tugging or toys. It has a food pouch but Ive never needed to put food in it. She also put two squeakers in it because Miley likes squeakers. She loves this toy. I started with just regular rabbit skins that I bought from Clean Run and Miley really liked them, so then went to this toy.




Guiness has some type of rash going on. Its on his groin area and his nose. It started last week. I gave him benadryl twice a day and it seem like it was getting better. So I stopped the benadryl but its flaring up again. Not sure what thats about.



9 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome hedgehog toy :)
I hope Guiness' rash goes away!!!

Urban canines said...

Oh I know my two would love the real rabbit tug toy. We have a real sheepskin tug they go nuts for! I wanted to let you know we love following your blog and we have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award http://urbancanines.blogspot.com/2010/08/versatile-blogger-award-thanks-murphy.html . See our post today for details and thank you for posting such wonderful blog entries.

Elizabeth said...

ooo that hedgehog is lovely. I'll have to check out Dream dog toys. I hope Guiness' rash gets better :)

Sara said...

Oreo loves the rabbit fur toys from clean run, so maybe I'll get him that bungee one and see if he likes it. We have a stuffable hedge hog, but it only has fleece "eggs". I should put stuffing in it and let the dogs destuff it! Thanks for the idea. Even Misty loves to destuff every once in awhile.

Wonder where Guiness got the rash thing from. Weird. Hope it goes away soon.

Chris and Ricky said...

I wonder if I would like that rabbit skin tug toy?

Maybe Guiness has a summertime allergy? Hope whatever it is that it goes away quickly!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

WOW, Where did you get the hedgehog toy, that sounds really cool. Cricket LOVES hedgehogs and guess her dad and all the dogs in her line I know about love them.
Wow, the rabbit tug looks pretty sturdy for being a rabbit skin thing, Miley has kept hers looking nice!
Breeze gets weird rashes or hives on her belly, have you given him a good wash. The vet said Breezes is an environmental allergy to something she touches so to wash her off when she does that. She will do it really bad every fall ...

Dawn said...

Cute! Katie loves squeaky toys...but she never destuffs them. Eventually they just stop squeaking and start coming apart at the seams.

Diana said...

Kathy, I didnt find it at a chain store just a local pet store. Maybe search the net for "build a buddy" dog toys. Diana

LauraK said...

What a great idea for a toy! And the rabbit tug looks very well-made, I bet the dogs love it!

I hope you and Miley are surviving her "rest" period- and hopefully Guiness' rash goes away. Sometimes I feel like among our 7 animals, they can't all be healthy at the same time lol. I'm sure you feel the same way!