Thursday, June 24, 2010

Heat and nothing else

Did I tell you its really hot. LOL I did, huh. I took the dogs back to the park last night because they were bored. Walking next to the river is actually slightly cooler than walking any place else. And when you go to the bank to go down to the river, sometimes you will feel cold air hit you for a few seconds. It feels wonderful. I took some more pictures but these are evening pictures of the mist, or do I mean steam, coming off the river. Sorry I keep posting these type of pictures but I think they are cool.






There is also a place with flowers , a bridge and a pond that Ive been wanting to take the dogs pictures there. In the morning they have a kids day camp going on and its right near this site so I cant get it in the morning. I thought I would try in the evening. As you can see Guiness wasnt happy about this.
























Im going to a trial next week. Its indoor. It will be the first time we will have rubberized contacts at a trial. I have a rubberized a-frame and I put her over Linda M. rubberized dogwalk at camp, so I dont think it will be a problem. What will probably be the problem is I havent really had good practice sessions. Its just to hot. I tired again to take her to the field yesterday. I had a plan. Keep Miley in the shade while I set up the course. I wanted to set up three jumpers courses and run her thur them each once. LOL, it didnt work out that way. I didnt even get the second tunnel set up on the first course before changing that to a plain pinwheel. Between moving the a-frame, the dogwalk and carting out the tunnel and sandbags,it almost killed me. I was sweating so bad and my heart was pounding in my chest. Kinda scary, so I hosed myself down with the water hose. I ran Miley 3 separate times on the one course and we took breaks in between. I called it quits after that. So much for that.
Today my son comes home from college summer school. I hope to god he did better than the first time he took the class. Sometimes he doesnt tell me things he thinks will upset me. Hmmm. Stephanie started her summer internship this week. She is only working 2 days a week with that. So last night I let her drive down to the beach to spend a couple of days with her friends family. Nerve racking for me but she made it there. Also Im watching a friends dog and this dog is really old. She is probably 18 yr old and is a lab mix. They got her from a vets office many years ago. She had been hit by a car and someone took her there. No one ever came for her and no one would adopt her so my friend finally took her. She is really old looking. Blind, deaf and can barely walk at times. Ugh. Every day Im so worried I will go over there and she will be dead. Ugh, I hope that doesnt happen.






9 comments:

Sara said...

Love your photos, and I want that bridge and pond in my backyard.

I hope you get some relief from the heat soon.

AC said...

Still can't get over that steam. Great pictures. Looks like a lagoon with sea monsters lurking below =) I'd blow some of our cool weather your way, but I know the days of sweaters are almost over!

Marie said...

I think the steam off the river is really cool looking, although I don't know that I want to experience it in person. LOL

That's scary about getting so overheated setting things up for agility, be careful!

I really hate when people bring me really old dogs to board. I'm always afraid they'll die while the owner is on their trip. It's an aweful feeling.

Chris and Ricky said...

Your photos are beautiful! Sorry about the horrible heat! We are getting a break tomorrow so maybe you will too?

Be careful training in that heat! You and MIley will be ok even if you don't get much training done.

Glad Stephanie made it to the beach ok and I hope you don't get any bad news from your son!

I don't know how your friend's dog survives outside when it is so hot!

Natasha said...

I've noticed that around rivers and lakes too, that's it's so nice and cool around them. They should make agility fields around rivers, haha! Love all of the photos. The river really is something.

Maybe get up really early to train, like 5:30 or 6:00? It might sound crazy, but I bet it'd be cooler then!

Anonymous said...

Wish we could take some of your heat. Yesterday was the first day since September 23 that the temp went over 72 degrees. We have had the rainiest, darkest, most depressing spring/early summer ever.

Diane

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I am with you on the heat, last weekend it was over a hundred here, but we dont have the humidity you have, thank heavens. I am sure you guys will be great at the trial. Good luck!!!

Gorgeous pictures, bet it will be nice to see your son!

Unknown said...

Another set of beautiful pictures. You're so good at capturing those wonderful moments.

Hope your friend's dog stays strong!

LauraK said...

I love those misty pictures! And that bridge is so cool- I'm with Sara, I'd love one in my backyard!

Good luck taking care of the old dog, it's always scary when they're that old and their owners leave for a trip. Looking forward to hearing about your trial!