Friday, June 11, 2010

Day #2

Today was day 2 of basic skills. My brain is fried. By 5:30 this evening I wasnt even paying attention anymore. I stopped taking notes and writing down the courses. There is just so much to learn and Im trying to remember and let everything soak in. But its just to much. I hope I feel renewed tomorrow. Saturday and Sunday is "common sequences". So I really want to apply what Ive learned. Its hard for me to use these cues and apply them on course. I hope I start having that "ahaa" moment soon.
Today it wasnt suppose to rain until the afternoon. I figured that was ok but my group would then be inside. Not. It rained in the morning. ugh! It wasnt to bad but I could have done without it. It didnt rain at all in the afternoon. Then when I got back to the hotel around 7pm is was really dark black skies. Sirens were going off. I used my card to get into the hotel and it would open the door for me. That figures doesnt it. So I ran around to the front and had them rekey my cards. At least I made it in before the rain started. I thought the sirens were for tornadoes but the news said it was just thunder storms.
The morning half of the seminar was recall to heels with two jumps. Miley did very well. No craziness but I ran her around and played with her in the field before the seminar started. The instructor said, "Its this the same dog that couldnt collect and was over the top yesterday". I laughed and said yes. I told her about exercising her before class today which I didnt do yesterday.
The afternoon session was on small sequences using what we have learned. I didnt learn anything. LOL Just kidding. Im just having a hard time applying what Ive learn on course. Miley did pretty good. Only one time she was a little over the top. She kept wanting to take the tunnel when the sequence was done. I thought, o'boy not a good sign. The next time I took her out Linda said, "Now what can we have this wild sheltie do". LOL She did set up a harder and longer course for Miley to run. This must have been what Miley needed because she did really well and wasnt crazy at all.
Im really tired and for some reason my eyes are blood shot so Im going to bed.
( those things I put in quotes may not have been exact words but you get the point)

7 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

wow, it really sounds like an exhausting full two days so far. I wish you lived closer, after tomorrow I would take you out for dinner so I could pick your brain about the common sequences. It is really too bad there is not a video of all that you are doing because I imagine that it is a lot of info and takes a long time for it all to sink in and start gelling. Hope you get a good nights sleep, glad it sounds like Miley was a super good girl today, hope you have a great time tomorrow.

Dawn P said...

I'm so glad the seminar is going well and Miley is being a good girl. I believe "Wild Sheltie" is a compliment :)

Sara said...

I think Linda M. is enjoying having the chance to work with Miley! A challenge for her! Love it.

Four days of seminars in a row is a lot. I'd be living on starbucks.

Chris and Ricky said...

I'm not surprised that your brain is fried! You are getting tons of information thrown at you in a very short amount of time. I would be so exhausted I'd be crying!

But it sounds like you and Miley are doing great! I think wild sheltie was a compliment too! It's so cool that she gave you special and harder courses to run! I bet Linda is really impressed by Miley and you.

I couldn't believe it was raining here so early in the day yesterday and I was worried if you were outside. Today isn't going to be any better - stupid weather.

Common sequences will be really fun and I am sure you will be able to incorporate the things you have learned into running them. Good luck!

Chris

Dawn said...

I think Miley is bored with the little sequences that are designed to teach YOU something. She already knows her job! LOL! So it was great that the instructor realized Miley could and wanted to do more! Yea for insightful instructors! That gave Miley a chance to stretch her legs and show off a bit, which she needs to do!

Marie said...

What a compliment from Linda! I think my brain is fried just from thinking about all the information you'll taking in. :-)

Morganne said...

Hopefully you've been writing everything down! I am good for two days of seminar before I crash. Wow! 4 days! I can't imagine.