Monday, June 28, 2010

Class and 270's

I went to class on Sunday. We did the set ups in the Clean Run Exercise sourcebook 2 , pages 44-45. The one I had the most problem was the middle one on page 45 ,the dark circles, seen below.


I couldnt get the 270 from #5-#6. I either pushed her out to the tunnel or pulled her around jump #6. Ugh! I tried a post turn with no change of side or lateral motion landing side from cross. I didnt try the option below ( from Clean Run magazine Jan. 2009 page22.)


This one, take off side front cross, may have worked for me.Ill try that another day. So today we practiced 270's. I just set up the square box of jumps. We were getting the 270's but she kept dropping the bar. It would be the bar marked #2 in the above set up even thought I wasnt doing a take off side front cross. So I had to stop and just take one jump and reward for keeping the bar up. Then add a little bit of motion and c/t for keeping the bar up. Finally we were able to run the whole thing with keeping the bar up and we stopped at that.

For some reason Miley was acting really weird after class. When I finally got her in the car she was acting terrified. Im not sure what was going on. She settled down after a few minutes. Maybe it was the blowers on the A/C system in the car. I had them on full blast trying to cool the car down. I guess I wont do that again. I took her to see the Chiro after class. She seemed ok there. She flinched once when she touched her back but then didnt do it again. May have been a fluke. She told me just to keep and eye on her.

No much else going on. To hot to really do anything. Ive been trying to upload pictures from my phone to this blog but it isnt happening for some irritating reason.

5 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

It is frustrating when you are working hard on one little part. When I have that happen my dogs pattern so quickly then it is harder and harder to get, LOL, yikes. I wonder what was bothering Miley, are you sure she is not a border collie? She runs like a border collie and she has some things she gets in her head like a BC and some things just strike her wrong and you are not quite sure what it is, and you can just tell she has a heart of gold, I think she would get along really well with my dogs, I LOVE Miley! LOL. I think she just sounds like such a cool dog that likes to keep you on your toes!

Diana said...

Kathy, I always say she a "border collie wanta be". LOL Diana

Chris and Ricky said...

I have studied the 270 handling options in that 2009 issue of Clean Run! I knew exactly which option you didn't try. Off and on the past few weeks we have worked on 270s and I notice that Ricky gets them from one direction and not from the other. Sometimes I have to push the jumps closer together and review that way.
I really don't know how you are getting any practicing done with your hot weather. We are getting a break today - high of 79 - can you believe it?

Sara said...

270's are so hard.

I notice that sometimes when I post photos from my phone, it takes FOREVER. Other times it happens in seconds. Weird.

Morganne said...

I find 270's difficult. I spent a lot of time last Fall and Winter practicing them with different handling strategies. Now they are much easier.

Try putting the jumps closer together (like an "L") and gradually moving them farther apart.