Friday, June 18, 2010

Doggies in the Mist

This is about as deep as we get.










This picture would have been so cool if that ugly tree branch wouldnt have been in the way. But at other angles the sunbeam wasnt noticeable.



















Its just been way to hot. Its so hot that mist comes off the river morning and evening. This was from this morning but 2 nights ago we walked at 7:30 pm and it was misty too. Cold water against the warm air. Warm , I mean hot. Its was still 98 degrees last night at 8:30pm. I tried working at the field yesterday morning. I left my house at 7:30am. So we were at the field a little after 8am. Miley worked a short while and then refused. I dont think Miley has ever refused to work. At first I thought maybe she was hurt. I decided to take her home. She ran to the car. And you know Miley hates the car. When we got home she wanted to play ball in the house. It was just to hot for her outside. I guess I wont be going to the field for a while. A forty minute drive is a long way to go for 10 minutes. My yard is shady all morning so I will just have to make do with the small space. I have to laugh. When I went to Ohio I brought a lot of extra underwear and bras ( TMI?) . Because here when you work your dog or go for a walk, you sweat thur you under garments. I dont think I sweated at all in Ohio, I didnt need any of the extra stuff. LOL Here you do. Ugh! Can you tell its hot since Ive been talking about it for a whole paragraph. LOL.
Ive been working on going passed jumps without Miley taking them. We had to start with first just walking by them. Then I could go half was pass and do a recall to heel. Last night we were successful in running passed jumps and only taking them if I cued them. Hurray!! I set up double boxes and she did really well. I need to remember to be consistent. Poor Miley, I did run into her one time because I was expecting her to take a jump and she didnt because I didnt cue it. I rewarded highly.
Driving all that way from Ohio was rough. Now tomorrow Im first going to Ashville to pick up Stephanie from camp. Then we are going to Virginia Beach because my sisters kids are graduating high school. So it will probably take us about 10 hours. Ugh. Im dreading it. The drive that is, not going to see my sister or her kids. The good thing is no dogs to worry about. My husband and son will be staying home.





11 comments:

Sara said...

Really, really awesome photos! Too bad you have to suffer thru the heat to get those shots.

Chris and Ricky said...

Awesome photos! The sunbeams and the mist are so beautiful - at least all that heat produces beauty - LOL!

"This is about as deep as we get." - did you mean that literally or philosophically? LOL!

Yes, TMI on the undergarments! But I am sure our heat and humidity pale in comparison to your's!

Have a safe and good trip to Asheville and Virginia Beach!

LauraK said...

Absolutely stunning pictures, thanks for sharing!

I don't know how you all do it- it's supposed to be like 90 here this weekend, and that is just sweltering. 85 is too hot for us out here :) But I'm sure winters are much more enjoyable where you are! Crazy how different our climates are. Have a good trip, I hope the drive goes by fast for you :)

Natasha said...

Those photos are stunning!! The light shining through the trees is absolutely beautiful, like something from a painting!

It`s hot today too, especially for Canada. I'm dying to train contacts at the field, I've been reading too many contacts articles, lol. Yay for Miley for being able to pass by those jumps and kudos to you for being such a great trainer!!

AC said...

Great pictures, though I had to cringe when I read that the steam was coming OFF the water, and not from the cool air. Yikes, that's really hot! Glad you got out there to take some beautiful pictures.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!! Love them.

You know I started training Breeze with Linda M and she is SOOOO responsive, everyone I work with is always amazed she does EXACTLY what I cue, and that is the down side, she does EXACTLY what I cue and that means sometimes I stop instead of continueing forward motion and pull her off jumps, and sometimes I forget to cue something and she doesnt do it, LOL. But sounds like you and Miley have really got some FANTASTIC tools under your belt now, and sounds like you are putting them to good use, how exciting.

UGHGHGH, I feel for you with the drives. How far was it to drive to the seminar, when you posted the pictures from Lindas driveway....it hit me that you had driven all that way, another drive surely must not be on the top of your list of things you want to do this weekend, LOL. Drive carefully and have a good trip.

Unknown said...

Precious pictures. They're really beautiful. The mist, the sunbeam and I think I can see the heat too. It sounds really hot over there and it's just the beginning of summer, what about a month later when it comes to the real summer time? Brrrrrrr....it's really hot!!!

Hope you've a good and safe journey to your sis' there.

Sam said...

That's about as deep as Marge gets, too. Well, maybe up to her elbows.

Gorgeous pictures! Though I'm not sure I'd wanna be there - I can practically feel the humidity from here.

Dawn said...

Wonderful, beautiful, stunning photos! Love them all! Pretty dogs too!

Have a good trip. I'm planning on driving to NC and AL sometime this week, whenever I can see two days together with no rain. Right. Like that's going to happen!

Be safe!

Nicki said...

Cool photos! It's and humid here too. I was dripping wet just carrying my tunnel to the truck to take to the trial this weekend!

Lian said...

Love the first photo, it looks like you are somewhere in a better planet!

Sorry you are suffering the heat, so do I!