Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day #3

Today we met another Miley. She is also a sheltie but tri-colored. She was a fast and feisty little thing. Today went very well. It was suppose to rain but of course it held off until our group went outside. LOL doesnt that figure. But really it wasnt to bad. It was never a down pour. Miley did really well. No craziness and no circling. WhooHoo!! And she hasnt dropped any bars the last two days. Hmmmmm. Do you think its because of better handling. Or could it be that the jumps inside the building are wood. Im sure if you hit those, you know it. But she didnt hit any bars outside either and they are the pvc ones. Im so happy about no dropped bars. I kept thinking maybe she was hurt but I guess it was my handling.
Today was common sequences. We are using all the things we have learned the last two days to handle the courses. We ran a pinwheel but used a lateral send, then a moving front cross, then a blind cross, a rear cross on the flat and a moving front cross. Who knew there were so many different ways to do a pinwheel. I didnt. I hope I remember all these things. Ive been trying to video my turns but today my camera kept stopping. I hope its just a dead battery. I should have charged it last night. I even thought about it because I used it the last two days. But I didnt and so it didnt make it thur today. Of course I cant show any of it to you per seminar rules. But at least I can look at my notes and then see what I did.
My hotel is in a good location even though its about 30 minutes from Linda M. place. Lots of restaurants and stores. There is even a few pet stores. I went in the Petco just in case there was something in there I didnt know I needed. And guess what I found? A water bowl that can be attached to a soft crate. I bought it but was kinda skeptical but it works great. And today, no spilled water in the crate.
P.S. I knew Linda wasnt being mean calling Miley "wild". She was laughing and smiling when she said it. And lets face it, she was being wild. LOL

Ive been having trouble reading peoples blogs. Im not sure why I cant really open them up. Well they come up but then the post wont load. And not everyones. Weird. So hopefully I can catch up when I get home. Im learning lots but I cant wait to sleep in my own bed.

8 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Sounds like you guys did just awesome again today!! No bars down, no circling!! Wouldn't it be just great if this handling system is the answer you needed? There will be no stopping you two!

The weather has been terrible for an outside seminar! Glad to hear you didn't feel too affected by it though. And also glad to hear your hotel is in a good location!

So tomorrow's the last day. It would've been great if we could've gotten together again while you were here but I totally understand how tired you must be at the end of each day. Maybe you'll come for another seminar next summer? That would be fantastic!

Good luck tomorrow!

Marie said...

Of course, I wouldn't expect you to be able to post video of the seminar, but that's really cool that you're getting some video to review later. I think that would be really helpful to me if I were in your situation.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

that sounds like a great day. Glad it did not start pouring on you! Glad Miley is being so good, you really sound like you are having a good time.

Sara said...

I'm glad Miley is working well for you. That's awesome!

Be careful driving home. I'm sure you are going to be really exhausted.

Dawn said...

Sounds like Miley is getting into the swing of being in school for 4 straight days! First day she was a freshman, and today she'll be a sophisticated senior!

Morganne said...

Sounds like you are learning a lot! I would like to see the water bowl that can be attached to a soft crate when you get back and have time.

Lindsay said...

You have beautiful dogs! I found your blog through Marie over at Resq Tails. It's interesting to hear about your training and what your dogs are working on.

AC said...

Catching up here, and wow, you seem to be learning/working a ton! I'm glad to hear Miley did so well today. Hope everything finished up well and you have a safe trip home.