Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Hill

Here is the one hill in Columbia. Im just kidding but there very little hills here. This hill is at the river park where I walk the dogs. You know, the misty river pictures. I usually dont take the dogs up this hill in summer because Im scared of snakes. See all that high grass, snakes probably love that stuff. Anyway I decided to go up and down the hill today to avoid some of the other people walking there dogs on the regular path. This hilly pass is for people riding horses but people can use it too. In the cooler months I will have the dogs go up and down the hill several times. After about three times of turning around, Miley starts wondering why Im keep playing this sick joke on her. Up and down , up and down ect.... "What the heck, we just went this way".






It doesnt look like much but when I add the dogs in, it gives you a better persective.


I kept the flxi-leads on in case a deer comes by. I would hope that the leash would get caught around a tree and stop them. Oh, you mean Im suppose to use my really reliable recall. whats that?





Miley is worried about her flexi chasing her.







Where is he going? ( Guiness's picture was blurry so I didnt post it)



I tried to get the dogs pictures again at this spot. It was morning so not to hot. I guess Guiness dosent like the pump that is making noise for the pond.

I went to class on Thursday up in Charlotte. Since its a pretty long drive I asked if I could do the novice and the master class. The novice class was good because it allowed me to focus more on what I needed to do to cue my dog. There arent as many jumps and sequence is easier. The master class you need to think quicker. Miley did really well. She didnt circle me once in either class. WhooHoo! She didnt good off course either. She was wide but pulled in to get the jump. Yes! I made her drop a couple of bars by calling her name right when she was over the bar. Ugh! Why do I keep doing that.

4 comments:

Sara said...

That is a big hill!

They both looked like they were enjoying the hike.

Chris and Ricky said...

That grass does look like a good place for snakes! I'm glad you didn't see any.

Hurray for Miley in your classes on Thursday! It's so good to hear she didn't circle or take any off courses!

Marie said...

First big huge "Woohoo!" on Miley not circling and no off courses! That's great! :-)

Second...Dare says to tell Miley that she should just turn around and grab that darn flexi when it's dragging behind her. The more noise it makes, the better! Dare thinks it's great fun to grab it and bring it to me like it's a game of fetch.

Dawn said...

LOL! Did I ever tell you about the flexi line that chased my previous sheltie all the way home when we were out on a walk?

Good job Miley on no circling! That is a big accomplishment! The classes sounded great.

Funny, I'm I'm in Charlotte now...