Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Break

Its been busy not nothing to exciting. Yesterday I took the dogs to the park but this time I went early so the heat wouldnt get to Miley. On the way there I stopped at Woodly's Garden Center. They had some pretty setups outside and I thought it would be a good spot to take pictures. The store wasnt open yet so no need to worry about a lot of people. I did ask if I could take the pictures and they said sure. They even said I could bring the dogs inside and take pictures. But I didnt. Here are some of the pictures.





Then Stephanie wanted to go out on the boat. So we did that. The pollen has been so bad this year. Everything is covered with green pollen. If you leave your car outside for 2 hours, its covered. If you look in the distance, green fog. I feel really bad for people with allergies. I cant imagine. Anyway we tried to find a place to beach the boat but all the good spots were taken. We did find a spot. The pollen is all in the water and washing up to shore. Just so you get the full effect here are some pictures.
I know, shocking, Guiness is in the water. But if there are waves then he gets very excited and forgets he doesnt like water. Thats not muddy water, its the pollen.

Miley with pollen on her mouth from drinking that nasty pollen water.

If you look to the left of the picture ,you can see the pollen particles in the water.

Then later that day I help out with a CGC test that our club was giving. I was beat by the time I got home. Today Im taking Miley to the field for a short work out. I have lots of things to do to get ready for the trial. Tomorrow starts set up. Im also picking up one of the judges from the airport. Should be another full day. I dont have high expectations for this trial. Its hard to be in charge of a trial and concentrate on running your dog. I am going to try and get Miley on the table. So keep your fingers crossed. My only hope is to run more like myself. To get that same feeling that I have when we practice.

11 comments:

Sara said...

Gorgeous photos.

The pollen looks terrible! I'm sneezing and itching just looking at it. Hope it doesn't make its way north.

Unknown said...

Our paws are crossed for your trial! How exciting that you're picking the judges up :)
The pollen looks pretty disgusting, I can't imagine green fog!
But the pictures are beautiful as always. Miley looks like she's enjoy the boat and the sea and the lovely air in the last picture! I also love the pictures in the garden centre =) Miley and Guiness really know how to pose together.

Jules said...

OMG! I can't believe thereis that much pollen. Yuck! Sounds like you have a full plate.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

wow, helping to run the trial and running your dog, LOL, that is a lot, maybe it will help so you do not think too much about your run, that Pollen is CRAZY. The pollen here has been bothering me and it is nothing like what it looks like you guys have! You will do great this weekend, each trial you do seems to have a few things that get more polished, I can not wait to hear how it goes! Now having all those other responsibilities for helping run the trial, yikes, I imagine you will be a tired pup by the end of the weekend

Dawn said...

Sounds like a busy weekend! Good luck with the table this weekend!

LauraK said...

Your dogs are so good at posing for the camera, looks like a pretty place! Good luck at your trial this weekend and running like yourself :) We'll be looking forward to hearing about it!

Chris and Ricky said...

I love the photos but can't believe the amount of pollen! That's terrible!

Good luck with everything at your trial this weekend! We are hoping things run very smoothly for you and will definitely keep our fingers/paws crossed that Miley does the table!

Lian said...

Lovely photos! The pollen is shocking! I can't imagine how dirty is the water! Hope it didn't upset Miley's stomach by drinking the pollen water!

Morganne said...

Lovely photos! Good luck at the trial. Chairing a trial AND running your dog.... you're brave. Thinking good table thoughts for you and Miley.

Cynthia Blue said...

Very lovely backdrop for pictures! Dang all that pollen would give anyone a hard time!

Marie said...

I love that last picture of Miley. I hope all goes well at the trial. I don't know how you manage to do all the work that the trial involves and run Miley. It's amazing.