Monday, April 26, 2010

My crazy dog



Miley makes me laugh. She is quirky and happy. When I watch this weekends videos it cracks me up. If we ever get it together we are going to be awesome. But until then I will just have to have a sense of humor. Last night when I came home from the trial Roxy had rolled in something in the back yard. Needless to say she had to be washed. I put her in the sink to wash her and Miley bolted out the back door. She would not come in the house or even near the back door. An hour later she was no closer to coming into the house. It got me thinking I may never fix my table problems because she hangs on to issues. ( the issue here is not wanting to be washed because she hates it) An hour after that she is still outside and I decided enough is enough Im going to get a clicker and try to get her inside. I go outside and I cant find her. I tell my husband I cant find Miley. He comes out and says, "she is right there". "Where?". "Right there standing on the dogwalk contact. Is that her punishment for leaping her contacts at the trial?" And there was Miley just standing on the end of the dogwalk contact. It was just to funny. I wonder what she was thinking? ( the above picture isnt from yesterday but I thought it went with the story)
Ive been thinking about this weekend. Even though the trial was very small there were lots of great dogs. Some dogs were great the whole course and some just had small moments of greatness. I love watching people set their dogs up at the start line. I love the people that can take their leash off, hand it to the leash runner and then go set their dog up. Me, Im way to scared to do that but would love to try it some day. It shows what control they have. I saw lots of really fast dogs. Some of them seemed on the verge of being out of control. Slamming into the tires and barely holding on to dogwalks. But one dog really stuck out. I thought it was the smallest border collie I have ever seen. It was wicked fast but under control. It turned out it was a border jack. Wow, what a dog and handler team they were.
I think Miley and I are starting to get it together. We are now having more runs that are in sync. I hope that continues. But even if it doesnt, its ok. Its been a fun road, most of the time.

9 comments:

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

Your story made me laugh, thank you for that.

I think you guys are awesome right now.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

sounds like some great thoughts on the whole thing. I think everyone has their training issues or physical issues, it just isnt as obvious because we dont have to deal with them. Heck I keep telling myself if it was that easy to have it all together then number one what would be the challenge and number two everyone would q and what would be the challenge, LOL. You and Miley will get it nailed.

Unknown said...

I love the post :)

Don't worry about not getting it in sync. I'm glad that it's been so fun for both of you, and funny too. One day when you get it together, I bet it's going to be a blast!

You never know what a dog is thinking!

Sara said...

I'm glad you are able to laugh about things. Dogs are funny! Especially the smart ones.

You and Miley are a wonderful team, and I admire you so much for your tenacity. One day, it is all going to pay off!

Chris and Ricky said...

I loved this story - can't believe you went outside and found Miley standing oh the dogwalk contact! She is a funny girl!

We enjoy watching the other teams at trials too - the good and the not as good. Some day we hope to just RUN a course and use the knowledge that we have acquired instead of just cheerleading all the way to the end. We'll get there one day and we totally know you and Miley will too. You're right - it's a fun road (most of the time - LOL!)

Dawn P said...

Miley is so funny. For some reason I think that's such a sheltie thing to do. LOL.

"I love the people that can take their leash off, hand it to the leash runner and then go set their dog up. Me, Im way to scared to do that but would love to try it some day."

Oh me too. Shasta better get there. I have to get her to stop trying to chase dogs in class first LOL.

Dawn said...

Ah...Shelties. That's why we love them! Katie is still CREEPING over the tiny totter, scared that something TERRIBLE will happen when it moves. Not that it ever has. I agree, the smart ones are hard to figure out! But at least you're laughing!

Marie said...

I was so happy to read this post. It seemed like your whole tone was lighter and happier. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in working on some training issue that I need the dogs to do something off the wall to break through my mood. I don't know what I'd do without my crazy dogs!

Johann The Dog said...

Great to have you visit, and great to see you guys. You two are looking really great! Glad you are keeping the 'gotta laugh' attitude; that's how we like to look at it too, nothing else you can do about it, LOL! We gotta laugh with our Gracie too, if she could just control herself, she could be awesome :)

Great story about the dogwalk...I wonder what she was thinking too? Too cute :)